• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing a cross pin

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
I'm in the process of installing a lock rite, but I can't get the damn cross pin out so I can remove the cross shaft. Any ideas on what to use in order to hammer it out?

IM000386.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
xjj33p3r said:
Cool. I appreciate the help.

or go for the craftsman waranty'd punch and use a screwdriver...

how hard is it to realize that you need to push the pin out and use something to push on it? :D

The pin only comes out in one direction, from left to right (as you're looking right at it). I didn't want to go off in the middle of the job to go find the correct size punch. So I sacrificed a drill bit of the correct size.

My problem was that someone told me that the pin came out in the other direction. And I spent about an hour trying in vain to get it out. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
probly late on my reply. when i was putting in a quik-lock in my d44 i had to remove the the whole carrier housing, then pull the ring gear to get the pin out. the 3:55 gear was too wide to clear the pin. and i would have had to remove way too much material to the gear to do otherwise. as long as you mark the gear and keep the alignment the same and not touch any shims you can put it right back in with no problem. hope yours was a simple push the pin out job!

Back