• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removal of fender brace?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Who else is running without the fender braces?I'm thinking of taking them off for a few reasons but figured I should get some feedback first.I can't see them doing much if anything to strengthen that area.

You can take it off without any damage. If you hit the fender or header panel on the trail the little brace would not help any anyway....it just holds the horns.

I just drilled holes in my bumper mounting plates and screwed the braces back on.

mine was wrecked. so i removed the cause they was just hanging. flat tire waiting to happen

I have Rigidco's front bumper for over 3 years and have removed those horn holder with no problems. Bashed the front end numerous times and can't see any cracking that you mentioned. I agree with the above statement that it can't provide any serious structural support. Take them off.

Back