• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

regearing

Wrong... as long as the TC stays in 2WD, the shaft will spin but is essentially "disconnected" from the rest of the driveline making tire diameter differences irrelevant... still a bad idea IMHO.

holeshot said:
I cant believe you are even asking this. Call me a hater but that is really stupid. I am guessing you are about 16 and this is your first vehicle. If so, tell mommie and daddy to buy you a vehicle that can do wheelies. See what their opinion is. If not, keep reading the forum. Maybee after some time you will start to realize why every one is on this forum.

ding ding ding tell him what hes won!
im 16, very good, you looked at my profile.
second i said my FRIEND thoght i should do it not me i just would see if i could.

yes it is my first car and i know why people are on here and i will be turning it into an offroad vehicle. thus why i have 30 inch tires on my car. i have 30s on the back and 225s on the front because i cant afford a set for the front. i work at a fricken coffee shop and im trying to get a job at a body shop.

so if you want to do some research and look at other posts i have done then you will see that i want an offroad jeep.

untill then i would shut the H#LL up and stop guessing what im going to do with my jeep.

by the way i have put most of the money into my jeep. im not some spoiled little punk that thinks he can get away with everything. i have a job, in fact i have had 2 jobs in food service mean while going to school full time and going to hennepin technical college for auto body just to get a good job.

[well bro, im 17 and am in the same money situation, and if i was you, and if had read all of these posts, i would take off the 30s that you have in the rear and put the stocks back on.
and I want it to but want to know if i regear it any wear will it have enough torque to lift up the front?
that doesnt sound like your trying to get an offroad vehicle to me, you asked peoples advice on how to get your jeep, with two different sized tires and 4 wheel drive, whether you engage it or not, to pop a wheelie. i too have had to work for my stuff, and i continue to even with my 12 mpg. btw, if the coffee shop pays so little that you can only afford two 30's maybe you should drop the idea of makin it an offroad vehicle man. no offense, but it costs alot more than the price of two tires, i think everyone on this site can tell you that. just ditch the hot rod look i dont think its good for your rig man.

btw. most people refer to a cherokee as a "rig, jeep, suv, truck, and sometimes, yes, station wagon (damn yjers), not a car.

not tryin to be mean, just lookin out for ya man, the best way to build a successful rig is to buy necessary parts at necessary times. dont buy two rears cause u cant afford the fronts. wait untill you have the money, then buy all four. everyting seems to work out better that way

Gnat5680 said:
i have a nice idea but am not sure what to do. my friend saidmy jeep looks like it wants to pop a wheelie. i have a set of 30s in the back and 225 in the front ( DO NOT PUT THIS COMBINATION IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!) and I want it to but want to know if i regear it any wear will it have enough torque to lift up the front? if not what should i do to get the most mpg?

i have a 95 xj. I do not know anything about the whole dana35 or whatever it is but i can tell you wha tit looks like.

What exactly is the "nice idea"?
You cant afford to put four tires on and dont know anything about the D35 but are asking about regearing so you can pop a wheelie. If you can't pop a wheelie, you want better MPG????
Exactly how in your mind do you go straight from "I want to pop a wheelie" to "I want the most MPG"?

You asking for advice? Here it is. Your friend is probably making fun of you because your Jeep looks retarded. I know I would be if I saw it. Its a Jeep. Compared to most vehicles, it gets crappy MPG, it rides and handles bad. The only advantage to having it is its a good 4X4 platform. Guess what? You screwed that up by putting two different sized tires on. Now its a station wagon that looks stupid and gets bad MPG to boot.
If you cant afford a matched set of tires, you shouldnt even be thinking of regearing or lifting it. I'll bet it doesnt even have tow points yet, does it? How about a fire extenguisher or tow strap?
Put a matched set of tires on it and drive it as its intended. If you need to do wheelies, go back to riding a bicycle. If you want MPG, buy a ricer.

Gnat5680 said:
ding ding ding tell him what hes won!
im 16, very good, you looked at my profile.
Acctually I didnt look at your profile. Your questions gave it away. I am glad that some of our opinions are starting to make you realize that this whole post was just plain dumb to start.

ok let my get one thing straight im not going to do it. it was more of a joke to see if it could be done. im giving my 2 weeks notice and i am looking for a job at a body shop. i do have tow points, i do have a tow strap and as soon as i get a new job im getting my lift AND installing it MYSELF. i know what jeeps are made for thus why i have put so much time into my jeep.

Gnat5680 said:
ok let my get one thing straight im not going to do it. it was more of a joke to see if it could be done.

Ok, whatever. You can understand why your credibility is stretched a little thin.
Earlier in this thread, concerning the "wheelie" thing. Someone asked "are you serious?" your answer, "yes".
I was 16 once, its been a few years though. When I was 16 I had a 1970 Camaro with an LT1 SB worth about 300HP. Never once did I think that it could do a wheelie.
You're 16, believe it or not, you've got alot to learn. It would seem from your posts that you may be falling a little behind already and may have a touch of ADD as well.
Slow down a little. Dont spend money you dont have. Use only disposable income to lift your Jeep. If you dont have disposable income, dont worry with modifying it, just keep it running reliably.

This thread is worthless without pics.
106k3d3.jpg

Thats the Mary Kay edition isnt it.

Back