• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REGEARING w/ 31" RUBICON RIM TIRE SETUP??

Dirk Pitt said:
Does it look anything like what you see HERE?

The rear one sure does... I know the rear has a locker but I'm not sure if the previous owner put a locker in the front diff or not.

He bought this Jeep Unlimited new, put about 14K in it and then his wife notified him he was spending too much time with the Jeep and she found someone new! Divorce! So now I have the Jeep.

I'll find out the gear ratios tomorrow. Like I said, it tachs about 1750 at 55 in over drive. I usually turn overdrive off unless I'm out on the highway crusing at 65 mph. Even if it's geared higher than it should be, I'm not going to do any serious off-road with it. Probably a little but nothing serious.

softwiz said:
The rear one sure does... I know the rear has a locker but I'm not sure if the previous owner put a locker in the front diff or not.

He bought this Jeep Unlimited new, put about 14K in it and then his wife notified him he was spending too much time with the Jeep and she found someone new! Divorce! So now I have the Jeep.

I'll find out the gear ratios tomorrow. Like I said, it tachs about 1750 at 55 in over drive. I usually turn overdrive off unless I'm out on the highway crusing at 65 mph. Even if it's geared higher than it should be, I'm not going to do any serious off-road with it. Probably a little but nothing serious.

Dude, I just realized you are in Noblesville. I just moved from Castleton to Greenwood and now much farther south.

We're having a run just south of Terre Haute tomorrow at Redbird if you want to join us.

Meet us there and we'll figure out what you've got.

HTH

P.S. Did you buy it from Kahlo?

Dirk Pitt said:
Dude, I just realized you are in Noblesville. I just moved from Castleton to Greenwood and now much farther south.

We're having a run just south of Terre Haute tomorrow at Redbird if you want to join us.

Meet us there and we'll figure out what you've got.

HTH

P.S. Did you buy it from Kahlo?

I sure did buy it from Kahlo. It sat out in from of Kahlo for about 6 weeks and I kept driving by it and I finally stopped in to get the story. I brought the wife in and she liked it and I got spousal approval. She calls it the tank.

The story I got from Kahlo is that a Fisher's fireman built it up and then went through a divorce. Old man Kahlo bought it. Not quite sure how that transaction happened. Story goes that he wanted it to sit out in front of his lot cause it was cool looking.

How much of this is true I don't know. It's extremely clean and doesn't look like it's ever seen a minute of mud.

I can't make tomorrow's trip, wife already has my day planned but keep me informated on the next time you go out and I'm there!

Kevin

I ran 31s on my '94 5-spd (3.07) for a while with NO problems, on or off-road. When I switched to 33"s, however, it was night and day. Very hard to wheel with, and nearly useless on freeways. Getting 4.56 gears TODAY!

I was amazed that the difference between bone stock to 31s was so little compared to HUGE difference when I went to 33" tires.... I can't wait to get the gears done!

-----Matt-----

Back