• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regearing an axle

sam24th

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, looks like ill be picking up an 8.8 with 4.88s in it this weekend. So now my dilemma. My D30 is 3.55 and needs to be regeared. So anyone know of a good trustworthy shop to regear my D30? Or if some master gearhead is willing to help me out and teach me how to regear it it would even be more awesome lol.

If you can wait about a month i'll have one under my belt and can probably help you out.

If you can wait about a month i'll have one under my belt and can probably help you out.

Shoot that might just work out great, I kind of want to learn how to do it myself tbh. I dont need to regear it right this second. We still need to do your tcase btw LMAO.

Shoot that might just work out great, I kind of want to learn how to do it myself tbh. I dont need to regear it right this second. We still need to do your tcase btw LMAO.

Sounds good. It may be right after July 4th before we work on your axle since that's when the crawl is over and i'll have more time.

I'm halfway through rebuilding the case and hope to have it back together by this weekend. You busy this weekend? Lol.

Lenny.. $150... done!

Lenny.. $150... done!

My Dad has been wanting to build a stand for doing axles for quite a while, but didn't have an axle out of a vehicle to model it off of. He got all the steel a couple of weeks ago right after I dropped off the axle and got it cut right after, however the timing belt let go on his Honda for no reason last week...so now the Honda is in the shop and taking up working space while he puts it back together. He was supposed to have the head back Tuesday and I would imagine the car back on the road by today or tomorrow....

Sounds good. It may be right after July 4th before we work on your axle since that's when the crawl is over and i'll have more time.

I'm halfway through rebuilding the case and hope to have it back together by this weekend. You busy this weekend? Lol.

I'm busy on Saturday, but I think im free for Sunday (maybe) depends if we finish my grandpa's shed tomorrow. ill let ya know.

Back