• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redington Shores FLA and need Help!!!

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey fellow Jeepers, I need a hand!!
I'm in Redington Shores FLA on vacation and the battery has gone dead on my WK!!! I need to get it jumped and get to Autozone (few miles away) to get it replaced. I'm not going anywhere so any time Tuesday is cool. I'm online a lot so if you respond I'll get it!!! Thanks!!

I think we should troubleshoot this a little a bit so you'll have a better idea what needs fixing. How old is the battery? If the battery should be good your alternator is probably bad.
If you think it's the battery and not the alternator, just take a taxi to autozone and make sure it has a charge before leaving. Otherwise they may have a battery booster pack, but you would need transport to and from still. Can you get a ride somehow from where you are?

The jeep recent made the trip from Michigan with no issue. It started hard once today, second time just clicks. I ran a DTC check and no codes (should be a low voltage if alt is bad.
I can't go anywhere as I know no one here, and have zero tools here. A member of another Jeep board is going to stop by tomorrow, we are going to jump it and take it to AZ for diagnosis/replacement.

Situation handled. A fellow Jeeper on another board lives nearby and he brought some cables over. I'll get it to AZ, test the system and swap it out. All s well

We don't have many Fl members to my knowledge. Where is Redington Shores?

It's taken care of :patriot: a fellow jeeper was here in two hours!! I"m off to AZ for a battery.

Good deal. Glad you got it moving. Hopefully it will be as simple as a battery problem.

Back