• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Tow Hitch

almondjoy137

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 2000 and the tow hitch is terribly chipped and rusted and I was considering taking it off and sanding it down and painting it again but i was on my way to work today and saw another XJ with a new reese hitch that looked fantastic. I went to research on their website and they are pretty affordable, around $125. Didn't know if any of you have had this issue or experiences with Reese hitches.

heres the site with them if anyone wants to chem em out.
http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=s-2126&bool=AND&category=i_search&maxhits=20&keywords=2000&keywords_2=JEEP+CHEROKEE&GO=GO%21

Thanks.

I have a Reese hitch on my cherokee. Nice looking hitch, no rust or chips in the finish after 3 months and it being used a few times.

yea i'm really considering it now but ill take a picture of the hitch i have on there now later tonight and see if u guys think it would be easier to just fix the one i've got...

You realize that that is only a class II hitch don't you? Meaning it's only inch, and a quarter (or what ever those little ones are,and only good for 3,500 lbs) not two inch. Which is rated to 5,500 (an XJ's max towing weight)

This is the one you want to get.

Class III/IV Reese Hitch

Just a hair over $160+ your shipping.

Oh, and Reese hitches are top notch, but personally if it's a Class III/IV on your Jeep now. I would just have it blasted then powder coated.

if you know a guy that's a painter, odds are he'll have a sandblaster since they make quick work out of that stuff. buuut i've never had anything powdercoated so i wouldn't know where to send you on that, but i know that finish is really, really durable.

I found a reese class 3 in a junkyard on a old cherokee.. I used a sanding wheel on my drill to knock the rust and loose paint off, hit it with a can of rustoleum, and it looks fine to me.

Back