• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear tires offset after lift

Ill take two pics in the morning, its almost 1am I should probably go to sleep eh?

Marquette, eh??? I grew up there.

My XJ did the same thing but it is not very much different so I left it the way it is. Has not caused any problems yet.

Edit, I just looked at your pictures, mine did not do that. Did you put one spring in backwards? Or is the center pin broken on the pass side? What shop did it?

It doesn't look like a damaged center pin, it looks more like the pass. side springs are compressing more than the drivers side hence the difference in the shackle angle. I'd jack it up so the tires are off the ground and put some stands under the frame in front of the leaf mounts so the axle hangs down with wheels still off the ground. Then measure both sides from bolt to bolt and both bolts to axle and center pin to see if there's a difference.

That's another possibility that the shop that installed it flipped the pass. side around on accident which normally moves the axle back an inch or two.

Last edited:
The length of the spring in front of the center pin do not change 2" between fully dropped and fully compressed. It is obvious you may have two different length spring packs, you may have a broken center pin meaning the bottom half is missing or there are multiple pin holes in the axle spring pad and one spring pack was installed too far back. The side with the axle at the back of the wheel well need to be thoroughly inspected after being dismantled and measured for accuracy.

First thing, doesn't it look like the springs are too long? Especially on the one side, it looks like the shackle will hit the body if you hit a good bump.

And use a tape measure to see if the distance from the front eye to the spring pin is the same on both sides. It will probably be a couple of inches different, from the looks of the wheel well.

Turtleboy if you ever make your way over to the Sault I could take a look at it for you but it looks like the center pin hole might have been drilled wrong if I had to guess from your photos.

I would take the leaves off and set them side by side, I bet you would see a difference.

How would the center pin effect the shackle angle?

First thing you gotta do is measure from spring bolt to center pin, both sides, and make sure they are the same.

Measured from center pin to beginning of the bolt... passenger is about an inch and a half longer :rattle:

I emailed IRO a few days ago... no reply. A phone call is in order on Monday.

Back