• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Sway Bar

Keep the rear Sway bar

• Keep It

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Ditch It

Votes: 233 91.4%
  • Quick Discos

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO NO NO .....

you must leave it in. If the factory didn't want it on there, they would have left it off....

oh wait they did in the UC suspension.

Well then shit can it.

But get longer bump stops

no longer bump stops needed on my rig... I used the rear sway bar mounts as BPE's...

good times

I took my rear sway bar off last week and went on a trip to Hollister on Sunday. Taking off the sway bar made a huge differece and my tires stuffed way better than before. Now I just need some discos in the front.

I leave my front connected, and have my rear out for on road purposes. I take the front completely off while preping my jeep fot the trails. I used washers for a spacer for the rear bump stops. I have a 2" lift with 31-10.50 M/T's and get very good flex ability. I would recomend atleast leaving the front sway on if you ever drive on the road.

I have been thinking of trying to fabricate a link for the rear sway bar that pivots on ball joints, and has a mini shock absorber, so that I wont loose off road ability and can run a sway in the rear for towing purposes. I will only try this if I get really board due to the fact that it will only help a little with handling and other on road purposes.

Hi, my name is Michael, and I don't run swaybars.

Dont think twice about the back one, its that front one that makes passengers puke once you hang it on the shop wall.

Try it and see.Neither are that hard to take off and if you dont like it put them back on.personally Id keep the front one just put in some discos for wheelin.

This is an old thread and argument!
I have to side with Max Johnston on this. The adding of a anti roll or sway-bar to the rear will induce less grip and therefore oversteer. Also the diameter does influence the effect as does the shape and length of the arms etc. Check the site Whiteline that makes the bars for more information. http://www.whiteline.com.au/default.asp?page=/faqswaybars.htm
Basically it comes down to this, if you have understeer and dont want that much or any at all, fit a rear bar. If you have oversteer, take it off. The same can be done too by changing the suspension rate or stiffness. If you have fitted stiffer front coils but have only added a block or longer shackles to the rear ( so the spring rate is still stock ) you would need a swaybar more than if you have stiffened the rear as much or more than the front. That's why swaybars are not fitted to the up-country models as they have a stiffer or high spring rate in the rear than stock so are in effect doing the same thing as a swaybar that has a lower spring rate rear.

The majority has spoken.
The same info is being repeated.
11 months is long enough.

This thread is the weakest link....
Goodbye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back