• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shackle hanger idea

Here's the one I came up with. It bolts on with two bolts through the front of the shackle box, and one bolt up through the rear of the bracket into the rear crossmember.

shackle_bracket.jpg

spring_mounted.jpg

Capt. Nemo said:
Here's the one I came up with. It bolts on with two bolts through the front of the shackle box, and one bolt up through the rear of the bracket into the rear crossmember.

alright Eric, will you make me a set??? :D

dennisuello said:
my goal is to run 38s with about 8" lift, with that height i would need to worry about hitting the shackles too often.

8" wont really be enough for 38s. I'm running about 10-12" lift with 38.5"s and they stuff into the wheelwell decently but I've only got about 3-4" of uptravel & 6" of droop at the shocks (which are mounted outboard of the stock position & on top of the tube, so it's more than it sounds like).

With an 8" lift you might be lucky to get about 1-2" uptravel in the rear fenderwells. If you dont mind hacking up the wheelwell completely and making new inner tubs, then you might be ok. Although you'll need to hack the front of the wheelwell too and if you've got a 4 door like me than good luck.

Pic

The shackle idea is a good one, and I like the design you guys came up with, but I agree that coming down on the shackle isn't a great idea. I come down hard on the rear bumper on obstacles all the time, even with big tires & big lift. If my rear shackles were low like that I'd be smacking them on everything.

-jb

It fits into 3" x .188" wall box tubing nearly perfectly. A light shave of the shackle sleeve may be needed.

CRASH

Back