• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat comfort

I never really thought mine was too uncomfortable. i did recently gave up on trying to find a cover for it as they all look like mud ruggs so i cut up a black flece blanket ($10 at bed bath and beyond haha) and turned it into a seat cover. now it looks good and its soft. :)

1sxxcx

IMG

now that im thinking... you could probably make a seat cover or buy one. then buy a sheet of that flat fluffing crap that you find in blankets and put it in between the seat cover and seat. that may help out. or you could buy a coupple of those seat massagers that plug into your ciggaret lighter and put those under the seat cover. Then wire them up under the seat, under the plastic trim up into the engine compartment somewhere... or do both. im sure that would make it a lot more comfortable.

Some of you might think its crazy but my leather seats are more comfortable than my cloth ones, both front and back. I have both, one set in each xj. The leather are electric which gives a lot more options in positions and, most importantly, height. I think that the angle of the back is to upright and the seat could be influenced by how much stuff you put in the storage under it. Foot space is only acceptable because you can put your toes under the seat or beside it toward the outer doors.

What some don't realize is that he 2 door and 4 door have the same interior space, just different number of doors.

If you wanna make it REALLY comfortable...how bout cutting up and jamming some of those old school green camping foams under the seatcover. You'll having sleeping like babies in no time ;-)

Back