• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear re4.5 leafs fanning?

I have a really soft spring setup (RE leafs in the back with Rustys springs front) so whenever i accelerate mine twists like crazy. Awesome. But I dont think that causes my leafs to do that, Idk if mine are twisted, ill check this morning.

Replace the center pin on the leaf springs with a 3/8" allen bolt, I think it'd be around 3-3.5" long. You can actually get more clamping force with those and it helps keep the pack aligned. Also, check the torque on your U-Bolts. Mine sagged and I just pulled both packs off and shuffled the leaves between them. Helped level it out, but eventually a set of nationals popped up for cheap ($50) with an S bend in the front leaf. I took them to national and they repaired them for $75. :) I've already sold the RE's, but they pop up all the time on socal for sale. I also think Loose Nuts has a pretty good price on them.

Make sure when you flex you don't invert the leaf springs. Most of the time when you are going on an RTI ramp, or flexing on something for fun, you drive up it with you drivers side tire so you can see whats going on. This obviously gives the passenger leaf more of a work out.

Now that makes sense!! Time to add a little bump stop. My 5.5 RE's have the same sag.

Thanks!!!

Was it a 4.5 from RE or from another company?
In any case, yes rubicon springs give you more than whats listed
I'll specify. My RE 4.5 kit, (listed as 3.5 springs with 1.25" shackle) with 32s sat lower in the rear than my friends with just the RE 3.5 and stock shackle and 31's. Pulling them side by side, you could see the sag clear as day.

Do you have the jeep lean or the spring lean? I know it's normal to get a jeep sag/lean to that side because of the driveline force. My spring is leaning though. Like the main is twisted.

I have just Jeep lean I guess, I don't believe any of my leafs are bent. Ya I know that the driveline does that, but I also notice that every time I flex out on an RTI ramp or on a rock in my friend's yard (without inverting the leafs), that side sits lower.

wouldnt adding an extra leaf change how it rides,flexes,corners? Or would you even feel it?

Nope! look up some of goatmans threads about leafs, he always puts extra leafs on pass side, to offset torque lean. ad a longer xj leaf. my bds coils came with one taller than the other from factory for this reason.

Back