• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Discs...

ExJayRob

NAXJA Forum User
In another thread, I have been inquiring about a rear disc conversion on my 98. This past weekend, I went to Pull-a-part over on North Tryon (Charlotte) to get the hardware to do it off a ZJ, and low and behold, there were two there with rear disc. I chose to pull mine off the one that already had the rear axles robbed off of it, but there is still one there, if anyone wants to run and get them. From what I have heard, rear disc conversion on XJ's is one of the best mods you can do, and the hardware only cost me $22!! Just thought I would let yall know, if you wanna run over there. There are only a couple of ZJ's on the lot, and the one youre looking for is red. Go get em!!!!!

I'm not sure about that one, but the one in Knoxville is open 8-6 every day. I think they are all the same but not sure....check their website (their inventory is on the site along with prices.
www.pullapart.com

Motorman...
It only took me about 20 or 30 minutes to pull the stuff, put like I said, the rear differential cover was removed already and someone has pulled the axles out. That meant that the only thing I had to do was just unbolt the plates and cut the lines loose. I did cut the lines past the junction (the hard line) so that I could reuse the soft lines on my Jeep when I get ready to put them on. Make sure when you go the yard that you take some sort of cable cutters so that you will be able to cut the emergency brake cable loose, because they are pressed in from the factory with a clip that can not be removed. That will save you a lot of time. Good luck, and Ill let you know how everything goes once I install them on my Jeep.

Rob

Back