• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumpers

kcs mj

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a rear bumper for my 87 cherokee. I think I have it narrowed down to these two bumpers. Is anyone running either of them.

JCR Offroad

RCP FAB

Will the jcr fit an old body style Jeep? The hatch doesn't have rounded corners like the new ones.

Thanks

Will the jcr fit an old body style Jeep? The hatch doesn't have rounded corners like the new ones.

Thanks

Here is our rear bumper installed on the older body style:
XJ-Standard7.jpg

XJ-Standard8.jpg

More pics here:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merch...en=PROD&Category_Code=XJB&Product_Code=XJ-R-S

I know that I am not a vendor here, yet. Hopefully I am allowed to post some information when someone asks a question about it.

Our bumpers are fully tubular steel, no plate, no open edges to dent in. I am posting up a few pictures to show how everything mounts. Both 1" thick d ring tabs are sunk through the tubing, TIG welded both sides, and also welded to bumper mounts. The hitch is also sunk though, and fully TIG welded on both sides.

The bumper mounts themselves are also a piece of tubing, not angle iron or plate.

The bumper extends 2.75" or .75" past the body of the jeep (depending on which model you order), protecting the tail light and rockers. For a cut and fold bumper the steel tubing runs up to the wheel well, where it is double mitered, insuring the most tire clearance possible, while offering the most protection.

Thanks
Ryan

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

I was looking around and rather than start a new thread thought id ask a question.

I was looking into the C-rok rear bumper

Or the Jcr rear i had a question
when you get the optional lower quarter armor is it all one peice smooth with the bumper or is it an add on peice thats bolted on seperately (leaving a seam)

i definately want to keep the lower quarter and armor it but dont want a seam there.

will be doing the integrated tailight boxes to get rid of that seam there too i think itll look great and be well protected that way.

I was looking around and rather than start a new thread thought id ask a question.

I was looking into the C-rok rear bumper Or The JCR

On the Jcr rear i had a question
when you get the optional lower quarter armor is it all one peice smooth with the bumper or is it an add on peice thats bolted on seperately (leaving a seam)

i definately want to keep the lower quarter and armor it but dont want a seam there.

i will be doing upper 1/4 armor w tube flares and integrated tailight boxes to get rid of that seam there too i think itll look great and be well protected that way.

Last edited:
Or the Jcr rear i had a question

The add on lower 1/4 panels are longer and cover the seam. They extend out to the bumper sides.

JCR, I am wondering how exactly the rear quarter panels attach?? Is drilling required or is it a self tapping screw?

You have to drill to install the lower 1/4 panel armor. You also have to drill the holes in the side of the bumper (after the bumper is installed and in it's final location)

XJ-Standard4.jpg

XJ-Standard5.jpg

not just welded as one piece huh? Kind of disappointing so from the rear you see the seamof it overlaping on the outside of bumper..

We can't make this one piece for shipping reasons. With it all as one piece, it would exceed UPS dimensional limits and have to ship $$$ Truck Freight $$$.

Also, with being an add on, some may choose to have it or not. This allows us to keep stuff in stock and on hand, ready to ship out quickly. No 1+month waits from us!

If you have the money, I'd say go JCR. Hand down the best looking, and their new modular tie-ins and rocker guards look spectacular. Having built 2 rear tire carriers I always like to pick at and dissect other companies faults and overlookings. The only bumper you posted pics of looks like something I could make in my backyard in half a day. In which case, that's what I would do instead of paying retail. The JCR bumper obviously spent a TON of time in R&D (and it shows!), and that's why it's going to be more expensive than some of the others.

I like the initial sign but was really shootin for you guys to come up with an identical version of your XJ R S bumper... With turn ins in the corners, and turn ups to fit the space between the bumper and bottom of rear lights like your standard xjrs bumper does... The initial design on facebook is very basic... Im hoping you incorporate these previous designs into your final design...

I like the initial sign but was really shootin for you guys to come up with an identical version of your XJ R S bumper... With turn ins in the corners, and turn ups to fit the space between the bumper and bottom of rear lights like your standard xjrs bumper does... The initial design on facebook is very basic... Im hoping you incorporate these previous designs into your final design...

That won't happen. We have WAY too much design time into the Crusader rear. It will never be available as a DIY.

If they make the DIY bumper just like the new crusader series, all they're doing is creating competition with themselves.

Real talk.

I just purchased the dirtbound offroad DIY front and rear bumpers. No offense to the JCR bumpers, they are real quality and believe they have some of the best looking steel around but it really came down to a $$$ issue. Dirtbound had 20% off for the month of jan and they are local, LA area so I can save on the shipping. I am picking the dirtbound bumpers up on Thursday and am hoping to build them Thursday and Friday, I will post some pics and let you know how well it all goes together when I am done.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Back