• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper w/ Hitch...Help.

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
what kinda shipping charge is there to 78408 business address?And can you get it with no lights?

The $595 price is without lights. I can do $95 shipping to your zip. Two packages. It would be cheaper but UPS charges us 100lbs for the bumper itself because of it's dimensions :smsoap:

monkeyevil said:
Our bumper end caps on the new style rears match the contours of the flare extensions pretty well as-is. You just cut the extension from the bumper straight down the rear quarter where the sheet metal stops, and the bumper end caps fill in that hole.

If you want it to be perfect it's pretty easy to make some thin brackets that attach the very back of the extension to the end caps on the bumper and everything is perfectly flush.

Give us a call if you want to talk more about it... our carriers are on sale for $595 right now.

~Daryl
269-353-1184

stg3xjrearsideback.jpg

stg3xjrearback.jpg

What is the max tire that you can fit on that carrier and still use the hitch?

riverfever said:
AJ is the name of a guy and his company is AJ's offroad armor. I believe he's in Iowa. He does very good work and his prices are extremely competitive. He will do anything you want. When I was looking at getting a bumper/tire carrier I contacted him. We were unable to do business. I would rather not talk publicly about the reasons why we couldn't connect. He's a nice guy and extremely talented. If you wanna know more about my personal interaction you can PM me.

-river

Also....I was joking about the Poison Spyder deal. They make some insane stuff but when I checked a bumper/tire carrier was about 1200 bones.

I know for a fact that AJs will have a rear bumper / tire carrier set up for new body style XJ's real soon.

bandit455 said:
What is the max tire that you can fit on that carrier and still use the hitch?

We set them up for 35's, unless asked otherwise.

The picture above was our XJ and we ran the 31 as low as possible for better visibility.

We can set the tire as high or low as you want, or offset to either side.

Also just to add, we still build everything here by hand. So if there is something special you want or need in a bumper... we can usually change almost anything on our products for a minimal fee. Just because we typical build things a certain width, or way; doesn't mean we can't change it for your need.

Just picked up F/R bumpers from Nates 4x4. I havent seen his bumpers in person, but they look like good fitting, sturdy, no-frills stuff for a real good price.
He will upgrade to 3/16" for a small charge.

SnagglePuss said:
Just picked up F/R bumpers from Nates 4x4. I havent seen his bumpers in person, but they look like good fitting, sturdy, no-frills stuff for a real good price.
He will upgrade to 3/16" for a small charge.

post up some pics of the fitment of your new rear bumper.

i spose i should prolly finally put pics of mine on:

DSC00204-1.jpg

DSC00205-1.jpg

at the moment i dont have any good pics of the rockrails, but everything turned out great and bolts right up.

now that i look back i might get my brother to cut me some holes in the back and front bumpers for some lights, and i kinda wish i woulda gotten a winch bumper

^^ Is that JCR stuff? I really like that front bumper, I just don't know if I should get a winch or not. I probably won't do much hardcore offroading, so I doubt I'll need one, but you never know...

I'm pretty much set on the detours rear, looks the cleanest by far, with C-rok and JCR a close second.

sunburned, yep, my rockers and sliders are all JCR. they had the best price of anyone at that time. gotta start lookin at skids now. the joys of tossin money into the pit.

ladywolf said:
sunburned, yep, my rockers and sliders are all JCR. they had the best price of anyone at that time. gotta start lookin at skids now. the joys of tossin money into the pit.

ladywolf can you post up some close-up of the latch and pivot hinge for me!I bought the Nates rear bumper and want to build the tire swing out myself.
Thanks

i would if i could but i'm deployed right now, so the pics you see above are the best ones i have.

Back