• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper mounts- pics

One thing I would add is support for the side legs.
Thats a lot of leverage twisting on the bumper corners.
I have a somewhat similar design except for using round tube.
I ran a piece of 1" tube, angling down from the side leg (as close as possible to the fender well) to the frame rail mount.

Finally done. I added gussets to the vertical mounts to stiffen it up. Also added a piece to the back so there isnt a gap between the rig and the bumper, and that piece also gives a lateral support to the side legs under the quarters.
Now I just gotta tighten everything I have done and recheck that everything is right that I have changed so it is driveable, and then it is off to Paul's to get it's cage. Should be gone by next weekend. Yeehaw...
33292f93.jpg

2d662423.jpg

14036c21.jpg

43afa1e4.jpg

Nice!!!!

Did you brace that wrap around any way? It replaces the rear rockers and seem like that would ant to move if you ever came don on it? Could it be tied in like the rest of it?

Incredible Hulk said:
seems to me it would be much stronger to not use triangular sections and use on rectangualar section the triangals make a weak point where they meet in the middle of the mount.

what are the advantages to bolting this bumper on rather than just straight welding it to the vehicle?

basicly - what made you decide to use bolts over just welding it?

seems that if you use your bumper for what it's name inplys "bumping" you may dent it and i would much rather rebuild / repair a bumper on a work bench in a press or be able to start over rather than having to cut the whole thing off the back and starting over.:wierd:

bj-666 said:
seems that if you use your bumper for what it's name inplys "bumping" you may dent it and i would much rather rebuild / repair a bumper on a work bench in a press or be able to start over rather than having to cut the whole thing off the back and starting over.:wierd:

Thats exactly right. I wanted the option to be able to take it off if I ever need to change anything in the future.

bj666 I am absolutely confident it will be fine. There is also a rectangular mount in the middle that is horizontal. So, I am sure it will be just fine....
j

Back