• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumper mounting options

TheManch said:
looks nice, for my own prefences it is a little plain from the back, i think if you add shackle tabs it will break things up a bit. just my opinions but hey my bumper looked mucht he same!! kicking garage as well!!! in the pick with the black xj you can see the unibody flex if you look at the hatch to bumper lines....i love xjs

Yea she is flexed pretty hard in that pic. About the shackle tabs, they onle help you get over things if someone else is pulling you over from the rear....I ain't into that.

TheManch said:
btw where does yuor exhaust go?

Mike

If you look above the the roof line in the rear right corner you can see it come out.

It is a little plain but the d-ring tabs and and the tab for my cb antenna will break it up. Plus, sometimes there will be a xd9000i hang back there that should break it up plenty. lol.

TheManch said:
looks nice, for my own prefences it is a little plain from the back, i think if you add shackle tabs it will break things up a bit. just my opinions but hey my bumper looked mucht he same!! kicking garage as well!!! in the pick with the black xj you can see the unibody flex if you look at the hatch to bumper lines....i love xjs

it looks to me like some of that is from a bent bumper...like its been dropped on there hard before, or a few times. as far as unibody flex goes, i wouldn't consider that a good thing, but xjs still have more torsional rigidity than a lot of trucks with frames...so that little deflection is really not too bad

Back