• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper jerrycan question

haha bs, the cage alone is about that much. then bumpers, winches, rack, tire carrier, etc
just ribbin ya a bit, it is a sweet jeep.

I know, she is a pig. But I love her.

Weight is great for wheeling, except for accelerating, stopping, fuel mileage, rolling resistance, flopping, getting stuck in mud, wear and tear on parts, you know.... all that unimportant stuff. [georgia accent] If you you aint pushing 7000lbs, you aint doin' it right! [/georgia accent]. God im glad im not from here.

I have the first gen JCR without Gas can mounts. Tire is in the way but Ive gotten used to it, Just installed some '97+ mirrors and have angled my rear-view mirror to where I can see off to the right of the tire into my blind spot. One benefit to having the tire centered is I dont have a ton of weight on one side or the other at all times flattening one spring over the other. Other benefit of the tire there is it blocks people trying to blind me with their brights at night. :rolleyes: Was planning on doing a dual can mount with basket on top similar to a wrongler setup. Ive been thinking about building my own but havnt come up with the perfect setup of visibility, departure, and even weight distribution with low COG. :soapbox:

Last edited:
Back