• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Brake Issue has me puzzled

I suppose you could also try flushing your fluid out...

If the rears are locking up that easily, I'd really recommend doing a full brake system flush and bleed... After doing a 4-corner brake job (new rotors, pads, calipers, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, and most of the drum hardware), I had to bleed the system twice due to air being trapped somewhere in the system (likely the proportioning valve) before things worked well.

I think the fact that I pushed fluid back into the system from the front calipers on the 2nd bleed straightened everything out... My buddy saw a couple bubbles rise into the reservoir while compressing the caliper cylinders, so I'm pretty sure the air in the system was causing the wonky brake performance.

Flush, bleed, drive, then do the first steps in a pad replacement (remove and compress the calipers). Make sure fluid level is good, then bleed again. Just my (possibly retarded) opinion on the matter :)

Back