• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear brake diagram

JCWjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have a drum brake diagram for a 96 XJ ??? Been a while I guess and I dont quite remember how they go together :wierd: The Haynes manual shows the older style in the write up, and they are a bit different. If anybody has that erra Xj and is willing to snap a digital pic and send it to me, i would be overjoyed :laugh3:

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this back up guys, but I need help. Of all the things Ive done to my XJ, I cant believe this one is kicking my arse. :doh: And on a side note, dont ever think your too experienced to just rip the brakes apart and rebuild by memory, pay the friggin core charge and do em 1 side at a time so you can use the other as a reference :lecture:

unfortunatley no, thats the prob Im having, the manual shows that era and mine is slightly different, just enough to be confusing :laugh3: Thanks a ton for the post tho

I have a 96 and the FSM. What do you need to know?
If you have to have a diagram I'll scan it and upload it at my web site.

JCWjeeper said:
Does anybody have a drum brake diagram for a 96 XJ ??? Been a while I guess and I dont quite remember how they go together :wierd: The Haynes manual shows the older style in the write up, and they are a bit different. If anybody has that erra Xj and is willing to snap a digital pic and send it to me, i would be overjoyed :laugh3:

Will a '97 help?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/wsp617/97xjrearbrakes.jpg

Does anyone have a rear brake diagram for 93 XJ? I've tried everything. I put new calipers, brake lines, and pads and had the rotors turned on the front. I also put new brake kits and pads and had the drums turned in the back. It still pulls hard to the right when I put the brakes on. It doesn't do it all the time though. I just want to make sure I did the rear right. I need a rear brake diagram!!! Please someone help me!!

From a '93 FSM:
93drums.jpg

Back