• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

kleake said:
Thanks!!! I was thinking about changing them for something a little wider, but after painting the blue to match, I just don't want to get rid of them... Here is another angle that shows the blue better.

BTW, bcxj88, I like your setup as I am thinking of going to 35's on my next upgrade,, but that will be a couple of years down the road and many more $$$ spent.... :)

p1213718m.jpg
hey kleake that is one sweet look'n ride!
I like what you have done with the wheels, I've been thinking the same (red) with my turbine wheels on my daily drive.

Keep building... 33's are big enough unless you cross big rocks! BIG ROCKS...

BCXJ...

Hey Thanks man!!! It's still a work in progress, but I think I'm pretty much where I will be with it for a year or so... Then thinking of lowering the control arm brackets, and a Super 30 kit up front... I've got 32's now with very minor trimming, and may go to 33's, but don't think I will go any bigger at least for a while..... $$$$$$ :)

kleake said:
Hey Thanks man!!! It's still a work in progress, but I think I'm pretty much where I will be with it for a year or so... Then thinking of lowering the control arm brackets, and a Super 30 kit up front... I've got 32's now with very minor trimming, and may go to 33's, but don't think I will go any bigger at least for a while..... $$$$$$ :)
hey kleake,

You will be very happy with 33's, I personally never liked stuffing the fender FULL o Tire!
The bigJ that I have now started with the Full-Traction 6" Long Arm kit & 35's but did need some trimming. That FT kit with 33's would be perrrrrfect, no need to really do up your D30 unless you plan to be hard on it. I wheel my 35's with the D30 4.88 an Aussie and 4x4posi Loc mechanical front axel engagement. Yes I do carry pre-jointed spare axels for the front D30 but have never had to use them.. crawlit.. slow n it will go! I have a buddy here that I wheel with sometimes, with a lifted TJ running the same D30 4.88's with 37" BFG Krawlers, he goes every where with a bit of finness, but has never broken his D30.. I thought of the Super 30 also but decided to wait for a hp D44 front with ARB and high-steer, that is the way to go... work the shat outa that 30.. wait n save for the D44 front and you'll have an almost bullet proof front to be proud of.

All the best dude, Keep build'n er

Ex-Jay, I'm not sure what brand of bumper guard this one has since it was one of the items on there when I got it,,, I will look for a name on there somewhere, but I don't think it has one... I am wanting to build a custom rock bumper with a winch mount, and then incorporate the guard into it if possible. I think that would look good.
bcxj88, That's kinda where I'm at,,,, if I do the Super 30 kit, I would have the 30 spline ARB and shouldn't have to worry about it breaking at all, and wouldn't need to carry spares if I run 33's,,, 35's "should" also be good with that kit, and I don't think I will ever go over 35's since it is a daily driver and $$$$ tell me I can't... :) I have been looking at D44's though, and by the time I am ready to upgrade it, I may end up going that way,,,, just not sure yet...

hey kleake,
the advantage of building the Super 30 is you already have the hp housing... that's it! (250) value aprox. Yes it will have the 30spline axels but will never be as strong as the D44. with the Super 30 you are only adding 3 more splines to your axels, this does nothing for axel strength. So the D44 will already have the 30 splines, but you will have to modify (shorten tubes and axels) to fit the narrow track of your XJ another bonus with the D44 is it will have locking hubs which will need replacement of course, but the final combination of D44, 30 spline, locking hubs, new ring&pinion and finally the ARB you will have the ultimate XJ frontend if you also add the high-steer, up here that's about 3,000 bucks and considered to one of the best ever XJ mods! I can break a lot of D30's for that price, since I have an almost endless supply of D30's.

Build on Bro... We all have more dreams than bucks... but it will come your way!

That's kinda why I am stuck in the middle trying to decide... If I stay with 32's or 33's, then then 30 will work fine, and I won't have to do any more mods other than put the ARB in, and while i'm at it I might as well go with the 30 spline super kit... If I got to 35's, then I would prefer the 44, but would have to do more mods to fit it in,, and then put the ARB in as well.... I guess I'll see how much wheelin I really end up doing in a years time, and then decide.... If I only get to go a couple of times a year, then the 30 will probably get the vote,,, but if I get to go as many times as I "want" to, then it will be the 44 as it does have much more capability. Thanks for the input though,,, there are so many different opinions to try and make sense out of... But knowing that a guy is running 37" Krawlers on a 30, at least makes me more comfortable if I decide to go that way.

to muddy gp yes it is diamond plate it does a good job at protecting stuff i would have many dents in my rocker and lower doors if it wasnt for it. here are some older pics of my jeep b4 the major redo it shows off the diamond plate better.

flex.jpg

FLEX2.jpg

5.jpg

What are the specs on your jeep redneck? looks great!

[here are some older pics of my jeep b4 the major redo it shows off the diamond plate better.

Where did you get the diamond plate rocker panels? Home fabbed or purchased? They look pretty dam* good.

94 hunter green
3 inch superlift front coils and rear leaf packs, rustys 2 inch bb kit rustys 5 inch shocks, rustys upper and lower control arms, stainless steel brake lines, bfg muds in the pic now has all terrains, see my first post a couple post up to see wut it looks like now

EvansCreek10-08-05031.jpg

01, RE3.5", 4.56 Truetrac/open, 265/75 R16 Truxus MT, cut, trimmed, and armored

Last edited:
575013786_l.jpg

Action shots coming soon.

scottsxj said:
olympic tophat if im not mistaken, bought 300 bucks

Correct. And my setup works really good. 32" on 3.5" is a great setup.

Last edited:
dam guys I want to get my setup NOW! but my dam tax returns havn't come in yet GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well anyways lemme show you my rig.

JeeP.jpg

Back