• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE told me to do this with Hack n Tap

DDawg16 said:
I did the H&T to my wife's 242...no issues. I hadn't thought of trying it with the shaft spinning....then then again, I used masking tape to mark where I was cutting. If I were to do it again, I would use that method.

Centering the hole is easy....draw an X with a scribe or spin the shaft. And as correctly noted....if your off 1/16", no big deal....plenty of room.

Considering how long it takes to just pull the xfer case...the H&T takes about the same amount of time....and you don't have to re-install the xfer case.

i didnt pull the t-case off to do my AA SYE, and frankly it was just as easy to do it under the car as it was on the bench (i blew up the t-case and replaced it with another one and swaped the SYE on the bench a week later)

DDawg16 said:
Considering how long it takes to just pull the xfer case...the H&T takes about the same amount of time....and you don't have to re-install the xfer case.

You dont have to pull the TC.Everything in the TC can be serviced by pulling the rear half of the case(only thing you cant get to is the front seal).

OlyWa

Back