• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 kit and 35's.......

RE 4.5 and 35's. I am cheating a little bit though, ACOS in the front and shackle relocation brackets in the rear. About 5.5 front and 6.5 rear. I have adjustable bumpstops that I made in the rear and I'm running 3 hockey pucks and one RE BS spacer per side in the front. It stuffs good and to the very limit! No rubs.

I'm also running RE drop brackets and JJ control arms/track bar

1-09-2.jpg

the coal hill on bobcat - nice!

here's a few of the install, forgot about these.

JEEPRK019.jpg

JEEPRK024.jpg

JEEPRK025.jpg

It's a tight fit, but I got it in there with the help of my trusty sawzall. it's all good now.

Phil :canada:

Looks like it works well, but thats not exactly a 4.5 kit since you added the spacers. I think the op wanted pics of the 4.5 kit and 35's not, 4.5 kit with spacers added and 35's.

Yep! You been there? We ran the trail last weekend in 16 degree weather, had a blast!

yeah, I used to run that trail a lot when I was at Tech. I haven't been on there in 2-3 years now, last I remember it was getting harder. I first ran it as a stocker. Definitely good times though.

yeah, I used to run that trail a lot when I was at Tech. I haven't been on there in 2-3 years now, last I remember it was getting harder. I first ran it as a stocker. Definitely good times though.

My son is a Sr at Tech, we run that trail often. I consider it a mild trail to the others we run.

You should travel down and run it with us sometime!

I had 33" and just went to 35" with 7.5" RE Coils and 4.56 Gears. 6.5" RK Rear coil Kit should be here monday!:clap:) Lots of trimin with 4.5" (its always what money permits)

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Looks like it works well, but thats not exactly a 4.5 kit since you added the spacers. I think the op wanted pics of the 4.5 kit and 35's not, 4.5 kit with spacers added and 35's.

Yeah I know, but the spacers just barely compensate for the bumper's weight. So shouldn't make that much if a difference.

Damnit, this thread is realllly making me think about replacing my 32's with 35's...

How many of you guys are still running the D30/8.25 combo with stock axles? I'd love to have the ground clearance, but I don't want to start breaking axles all the time.

Ok this is along the same lines but not exactly the same thing. Im installing a 4.5" Rustys lift. The front went on with not one single problem but then I get to the rear. I can get the front leaf spring bolt to spin but it wont back out of the hole. Does anyone know the secret to getting this thing out? PLEASE HELP ME!!! After almost 10 hours of doing this lift I had to bolt the rear back up so the front of the XJ is pointing to the sky

Back