• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1463 leafs center pin. 5/16 or 3/8" ?

GrimGrimDutch

NAXJA Forum User
Have to do some shimming this weekend and want to get the longer center pins tomorrow because most of the hardware stores are closed over here on saturday's.
Yeap that's Holland, so no RE overhere to send them over in 24 hrs.

I just put in my 3.5 RE rear leafs RE 1463, can't measure without taking them of of so my question is are they 5/16"or 3/8" ?

Thanks a bunch.
First time on NAXJA, hopped over from JU but heard good things about this place.

Greetings from the Netherlands

They're 5/16" unless they changed them in the last couple of years. I ended up drilling mine to 3/8" because I kept snapping the 5/16" center pins.

Jes

Thanks, I'll get some 5/16".
Should they be grade 8.8, or can I get away with less strenght ?
This in case the 8.8 are not availeble.

Phoned around to get some, and it' took me about an hour to find a place. It's not easy overhere because all is in mm, cm etc. (metric I believe)

I thought I could not get to it to measure but today I had to go under the XJ and could see that the litlle top of the pin that just sticks out about 1/10"........... that it is for sjure not a 5/16". measured the 3/8".

1067004841_huishouden_23_03_170__Small_.jpg

That will be 9.5 mm.

So I think RE changed them.
Good thing.

Tomorrow I'll be 100% sjure when I get the shimms in.
Later.

Jes said:
They're 5/16" unless they changed them in the last couple of years. I ended up drilling mine to 3/8" because I kept snapping the 5/16" center pins.

Jes

Last edited:
I had to get some new ones not too long ago, and I went to the local spring shop. They wanted 10 F'in bucks for 2 center pins. I now have some extra's I bought from rusty's off road for 2.50 a set. If you can wait...save the extra money and order a few pairs off of rusty's or rubicon express. Unless of course your spring shop isn't that much of a rip off. :)

it's 3/8" 100%
I replaced them this morning.
RE, bought in june 2003.

Back