• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RD 21 on Sunday the 5th?

I kinda forgot about the picnic table mechanic from MO too.

I want to clear a little something up for everybody, just so they know what I'm thinking. I'm/ We're not doing the entire trail. Droping in at the earliest spot is fun, but very time consuming. I'm heading on up the access road to where the big rocks are. This is way too fun of a section for me to be passing up since I'm driving right by it. I want to do some technical boulder crawling before hitting the not so slick slickrock. I really don't want to be out there all day as I do want to get on over to Moab as early as possible while still having fun with a great group of wheelers on some CO turf.

Oh, and we won't talk about how bad the Red Wings suck either :firedevil

Sean

Ya, all the good stuff is up at about half way(?) and beyond. In may we made the mistake(because no locals showed up to show us) of dropping in right away. While there was a cool section or two it was mainly just bumpy and slow going.

Jes

This is SOMEWHAT embarassing, but i just sold the XJ:rolleyes: However, i'm still planningon heading to NAXJA and driving a buddies XJ (the guy has 2 lifted xj's). I would still like to do 21 road with ya guys, however i'm ina YJ, so not sure if you're interested in a cheerleader tagging along with ya :)

Wally

This is still on right? I think I've convinced CRASH to drag his junk out there with me. What exit do I take in Grand Junction to get to 21RD.? I know it's on the east side of 70 but when I was there in May we got a little lost getting to the trailhead and took the long route to get there. ;)
Exact directions would be dandy. :D
Thanks.

Jes

For refernce exit number 26 is actually 22 Rd, so you just go 1 mile west on the north frontage road there which is called hwy 6/50 and you'll see 21rd on your right.

Sean, there's a BIG parking area on 21 rd heading up towards the trail. There is a sign that says "21rd OHV/recreation area" we can all meet there it's on the right hand side of 21 rd. I believe it is right around the area where the pavement ends and it becomes a gravel road. If you pass the big Gas plant on your left youv'e gone to far.

Pulled from 2 threads on the previous page for ya Jes. Probably shoulda just told ya to search. Don't worry, I've already had the CO folks asking me how to get there backchannel :rolleyes: :D

Oh yeah, IT'S AWN BABY :firedevil

Meeting at 8:30 at the BIG parking area.

Quote: "Don't worry, I've already had the CO folks asking me how to get there backchannel"

Kiss my :moon: Sean! :D You better hope you never have to move back here! Yer :flame: some bridges! :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to this run! Can't wait to mix it up with the rest of you all on the Colorado Rocks!

Well Troy, if the shoe fits.........

I'm looking forward to the day that I HAVE to move back out west, cuz I want to move back everyday of my life.

Sean

OneTonXJ said:
Pulled from 2 threads on the previous page for ya Jes. Probably shoulda just told ya to search.

MML. :rolleyes: ;)

Beezil, it's in Grand Junction Colorado on I70.

Jes

Can we pull the bus in Sat night and sleep in the parking lot/meet area??? :speepin:

Sean, when will you be pullin in??

Scott Mac, can we make it there by Sat night?? :eyes:

Heather, I'm going to win the give away, so it's not a problem to let me drive it here. :party1:

Woody's commin? Cool, got new tires?

And why does everyone expect me to break?? :dunno:

I hope we can cause we should be hitting GJ late Sat afternoon.

Too bad, I will not have the the Give-Away with me.

Woody's riding with us....

And because that's because you always do.

We'll be pulling in Sat. evening. I plan on sleeping in the parking area or just down the road since I believe it's BLM land anyhow. The folks may overide that decision and make me pay for a campsite somewhere. I doubt it though.

Hey all, just did 21 road this weekend and with all the heavy rains we've had lately, the road has become impassible up top. I'm sure if we had some rock buggies and a few winches, we could move some of the larger rocks but it went from flat our knarly to no dice this weekend. Every group that went up turned around by toyota rock and most of those rigs were all on 37's locked front and rear with the usual goodies.

Check out Fatwrecks web site for some pics. www.projectxj.com
go to the trail run section and look at the pics of 21 road.

Wally

Fore Wheeler said:
Can we pull the bus in Sat night and sleep in the parking lot/meet area??? :speepin:

Sean, when will you be pullin in??

Scott Mac, can we make it there by Sat night?? :eyes:

Get a keg of Mt. Dew and a case of NoDoze and we'll make it there Saturday morning.:wow:

And it'd probably be a good idea if we leave the twister at home.

Fore Wheeler said:
Not a chance.

did you tell steph?? that was going to be my surprise for her, that and a warm bottle of baby oil.

Nope, I was saving that surprise for when we pulled into Denver. Thanks for thinking of Ange, Steph and I as you drive through the mountains. :moon:

Wally, I'm bettin' that by the time we get there it will be doable again. Besides, that makes it all the more worthwhile to me if it's turned super gnarly. I won't be passing up the opportunity to hit that trail when it's at its hardest. Maybe an XJ thingy will reopen RD 21 :D

mbryson said:
Hmmmmm........that's kind of the long way home, but I may be in. After seeing Brent's Cheromanche rocker though, :D
there is a bypas for that obsticle, infact only two of us did take that line. me, and minnie me (yellow)

I was even nice enough to let him go first ;)

Back