• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC LA install write-up and flex pictures

was your tie rod that close before? if not what is the caster on the axle? looks like it rotated some

Do you have any pics of the T-Case install? But great writeup.

You mean the skid plate? Nah my camera battery was dead when I put that on. It's real easy though. Just bolt on the front two bolts and then drill holes on the framerail for the self tappers.

was your tie rod that close before? if not what is the caster on the axle? looks like it rotated some

It was close but not that close. They actually tap each other when I turn to the right. The axle is rotated for pinion angle. I set it 2 degrees down, the most I could sacrifice without getting vibes. RC's measurements put my front pinion angle 8 degrees down which caused bad vibes.

then I would imagine that your caster is way off. I have 4.5 to 5 inches no vibes and am at close to stock caster. John

ahh hah that might make a difference. then you probably have to move that swaybar mount

I am currently installing this kit and, I have frame stiffeners too. What I have done is drill 7/8" holes and welded nuts inside the stiffeners instaed of using the crush sleeves and long bolts.

Sounds like a good idea, I have the same "problem" to work around as you.

Here's the problem:

DSCF6948.jpg

WAY too close.

Any thoughts on how to remedy that?

I cut about 2/3 of the way through the bottom side of the bracket about half way between the end and where it welds to the coil bucket, bent it up and out of the way a little way and welded up the gap. I think I got about 1/2" higher. You could also buy (JKS) or fab up a new bracket that is a little higher.

Nice lookin rig by the way and nice job on the install!

Back