• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 1/24 pictures & Parts donor

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
So I'm a slacker, no comments, but here are some pictures from a few weeks ago. At least I'm posting them. Ahem, Toth *cough* Drew *cough*. Sorry, I have some phlegm.

RC on 24 Jan after we brought Drew (Irongrave) XJ back to the trailer. The pictures are of just DITA and my rigs, some are very background worthy, but I'm biased.

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~egon/photos/24_jan_10_rausch_creek/

The next day, the 25th, during a monsoon I drove up to Wayne, NJ and picked up another XJ. It belonged to a sailing friend of mine who had bought the Jeep new and in had become his son's. Last year it was hit by someone who ran a red light and the frame was damaged. I bought it for parts. It's a 1988 Limited, 150K, and it still runs great. I towed the XJ all the way back out to PA to Sean's (SeansBlueXJ) house as some parts are going into Leslie's (OldWhitey88) XJ. Sean an I started taking the donor, nicknamed Big Red, apart. Beer, pictures, rust, and hilarity ensued.

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~egon/photos/25_jan_10_donor_xj/

--Matt

Edit.

Hey Paul, wanna clean unibody? It's cheap, cheap and clean.

Actually, there's still the two door near me. I'll snap some pictures for you.

--Matt

not bad, my DD has worse rust though. I can fit a football through the hole in the trunk in the rear right, and probably a softball through the hole under the carpet by the driver's left foot. The rest is swiss cheese in the trunk, though the section under the rear seats and most of the front seats seems to be holding up so far. Replacing that all is a project for next summer.

Edit.

Hey Paul, wanna clean unibody? It's cheap, cheap and clean.

Actually, there's still the two door near me. I'll snap some pictures for you.

--Matt

I was gonna ask you about that because I figured Toth forgot about it. I wanted to take a look at it on Saturday and he said he'd let you know but of course he didn't. I'll have the money next week sometime but wanted to take a look. If you're gonna be around Saturday let me know.
Edit. Talking about the 2 door by you.

not bad, my DD has worse rust though. I can fit a football through the hole in the trunk in the rear right, and probably a softball through the hole under the carpet by the driver's left foot. The rest is swiss cheese in the trunk, though the section under the rear seats and most of the front seats seems to be holding up so far. Replacing that all is a project for next summer.

I can stand on the ground behind the front passenger seat. :laugh3:

Back