• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rausch Trail Cutting

I'm hoping to be there on the 17th, though there is a possibility that I won't if my XJ isn't in shape for the trip yet. Not everyone knows, but I had another rear output shaft go just about belly up (caught it with the splines tweaked and ready to snap). I'm awaiting my AA HD kit, which should be here sometime soon, hopefully thursday, and once the install is done and the truck runs smooth, I'll be happy to make the trip up to PA. If it's not runnin right then I'll need the weekend to keep working on it to make sure it's road and trail worthy. Regardless, Bob and Lightning are making the trip along with our buddy Mike and with some luck I'll be joining them
Skorpyo

[quote:9cf32d2a24="Lynn"]The second installment is roughly flagged out. It is not as rocky, but it climbs gradually up a hillside and back down again. Overall, this trail will be fun for just about everybody but the absolute stocker.[/quote:9cf32d2a24]

Well, I guess that leaves me out, then.

The 24th is supposed to be a trail ride day, for the clubs and their members who have been out there building trails. Not sure of any details yet.

[quote:1bab9bb332="Lynn"]The 24th is supposed to be a trail ride day, for the clubs and their members who have been out there building trails. Not sure of any details yet.[/quote:1bab9bb332]

Lynn,

Only the club members who have been actively assisting with trail building? Or all members of a club that participated?

Unfortunately i havent been able to make any...does this leave me out?

Sorry John - as of now it's being held for those who have been helping out to show thanks for all the hard work that has gone into the current trails. The last trail ride got WAY out of control due to people posting it all over the web as an open unlimited ride. It was supposed to be limited to 30-40 and we had close to 80!

We are trying to give those who have been actively attending trail building days the chance to have a purely fun day of trail riding on those trails that they have helped to create. We have had a very lopsided showing from several of the clubs that were invited to be member clubs and do not want to let all of the current hard work go unrewarded. (Look how all of NAC's hard work was rewarded at another local offroad park!)

We will certainly be having a LOT more trail cuttings and ride for those who help out throughtout the winter and spring before the park gets offically open!

Thanks

I understand completely John and agree with the way your handling it. It's the fair way to do so!

Hopefully i can make some work details soon and through the winter. Do you have an idea of which weekends NAC members will be able to participate in trail construction?

Or will Lynn live there on weekends :wink: and those who can make it are welcome to come up?

I'm sure other NACers are curious as well.

I think Lynn (she can correct me here) will be there often. We are planning for the trail ride on the 24th, then maybe 1 or 2 trail scoutings/cutting after that. We will be taking Dec off from any organized outings and to let activity die down for hunting season. Depending how the winter weather is, we plan on cutting all the way through so that there should be plenty of trails available by the planned springtime opening.

I've put in an offer on a 1 room treehouse, quiet location, no plumbing, new set of stairs. :lol: So yes, I'm there quite a bit. If anyone has any free time and wants to help out with flagging and mapping the new trails, just e-mail me.

Posting for Bob Lester

Bob wanted to thank you guys and gals for welcoming him in at the Rausch Creek trail cutting. He asked me to post these pics and to say what a great time he had getting to know everyone and working with everyone.
[img:6c80df4731]http://www.tkigd.com/images/gallery/misc/000003-Rausch-Creek01.jpg[/img:6c80df4731]
[img:6c80df4731]http://www.tkigd.com/images/gallery/misc/000002-Rausch-Creek02.jpg[/img:6c80df4731]
Skorpyo

Back