• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raleigh/Cary NC: Stock 1988 XJ limited $1200

Tim88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Jeep Cherokee limited, Will not pass emmissions inspection. I tried
swapping out the oxygen sensor and that didn't help. It has 128000 miles I
believe. At 101k in 1998 $4300 worth of work was done at the Jeep Dealer in
Cary. It has a new engine, w/ only 25k miles on it, lots of new sensors and
various parts. I just put a Heavy duty Tow package radiator in it less than
a month ago, I am selling to get something more ecconomical that gets better
MPG.

Bad things:
Will Not pass inspection
Front seats ripped up
Rusty on the bottom of the doors due to it being from NJ
Sagged rear suspension due to a boat being towed around by the origional
owner.
few small (screw) holes in door panels from where there were different
speakers installed

Good:
New engine from chrysler installed at Jeep dealer, with reciept
Newer transmission with approximately 70k miles
New tires with less than 15k miles on them

It is Black, with grey leather interior, has a Pioneer CD player, power
windows locks, etc. It is a limted which means it has every option
available. The Jeep is located in Cary, right off of US 64 by the autopark.
Call or E-mail if you would like to come see it. Thanks, Tim

$1200

xj

I am hunting for an XJ, however being a college student, I am in a much lower market, 300-600 is more my range. If you ever decide to lower the price please let me know. I go to UNC so if you ever need Jeep help lemme know.

you got any pics bud. not really looking for one, but sometimes i find they look for me. thanks.
Rockhound

Look at his website....look under Project Ghetto. Not a bad price though. Too bad I'm in Texas and the Jeep is up north.

Suggestion to the seller.

When asking 1200 for a Jeep, it is not a real good idea to advertise on one's website that you only have 600 total invested in the Jeep.
Kind of makes it hard to convince people to double your money, merely because your name has been on the title.

Just a thought
Thanks

well since that website, (which was made and hasn't been updated in over a year) I replaced to Tires, put in a CD player, Replaced the exhaust manifold, had $600 worth of work at the Jeep dealer done rewiring the Sensors and getting rid of that bulk head connector. I also did a little body work and cleaned it up a decent amount. I honestly forgot my website was still up. I Have put over a thousand into it since I bought it. for 600. -Tim

I'll trade ya a lightly used 89 Pioneer with custom paint & bodywork... it gets 19 road MPG these days with new 02 and plugs...got 15 MPG last tank incl 5 hours in 4 Low last weekend.

J/K :(

Actually, If I had the $1200, I'd be on it...it is a great Jeep for the $$$ if it's the black one I think it is.

If U are into Honda projects I have two to swap...an 86 Civic 4 door 1.3l/auto and a 89 Prelude Si 5 speed: both need motor swaps...even swap for the XJ ???

Back