• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raisinettes

bgcntry72 said:
Just wait until you see the stickers.
JohnLL was consulted, but not informed.
This place is too fawking sensitive.
My whole Dungeons and Dragons roll-playing society is filing a formal complaint.
Stay tuned.
:rof:

For security reasons, we are changing the secret handshake.

You want sensitive? Try the Den
They've got Muzak in the background and quiche on the menu...

For those of us that have been around a while, it is not as necessary to be "sensitive" though I think it is important to be somewhat so. Most of us know each other well enough that we also know each others limits. Even when this line is crossed, we also know to take things with a grain of salt or to at least consider the source. New people do not have this advantage.

I personally think we need to be a little more tactful when we address new people ...

Les

lbexj said:
For those of us that have been around a while, it is not as necessary to be "sensitive" though I think it is important to be somewhat so. Most of us know each other well enough that we also know each others limits. Even when this line is crossed, we also know to take things with a grain of salt or to at least consider the source. New people do not have this advantage.

I personally think we need to be a little more tactful when we address new people ...

Les

I think new people shouldn't try so hard

lbexj said:

Les

And how long have you been around?
Refresh me.
:rolleyes:

bgcntry72 said:
:cry:
Thin skin corp.
I am sure all the other members will jump to your rescue and quickly inform me of what an asshole I am.
Nailing yourself to the cross is a noble thing, to be sure.
I will promptly take up a collection to compensate you for your hurt feelings, A.S.A.P.
Thank you, for showing me the error of my ways.
Guess what...
Paying your membership is not a guarantee of friendship from anyone, least of all me.
If you think that acting like a whiny bitch will bring a prompt end to my membership, think again.
It has been tried before, by bitches even whineir than you, believe it or not.
If you send me a S.A.S.E., I will be glad to compensate you for your valuable time.
In short, stop being a whiny bitch and learn that friendship and such is earned, not paid for.
F.U.
Big Country.
(sniff)
All I wanted was to be your friend (sniff). What will I do now? How have I lived all these years without your approval and friendship?
My response was anything but whiny, but hey, its your story....tell it how you like.
Do whatever you have to to make you feel better about yourself.
I thought I explained my position rather well; You know, the whole part about not wanting to be in your personal stuff...was it not clear enough? I'm sorry I cant use crayons and draw you a picture on the board.
Get over it.
I wont beat this dead horse any more.

Deep breaths.....and...BIG SMILES!

Beezil said:
I think new people shouldn't try so hard

I agree Beezil, wholeheartedly. These people can be given the message without it being so cruel they don't want to return though.

bgcntry72 said:
And how long have you been around?
Refresh me.

It does not matter if some think this is the "norm" ... Judas Priest! ... You guys are very good at wit ... just try adding some tact to it with new people.

I understand when those people who want to post pictures of substandard modifications get bashed. NAXJA is a highly tech, and we want to keep these standards high. But NAXJA is supposed to be a "family oriented" club and the Midwest Chapter Forum is supposed to be for Chapter business ... not bashing perspective new members.

Les

lbexj said:
But NAXJA is supposed to be a "family oriented" club
Les

Of course it is Les...

Where else can you find homebrew, profanity, wrestling matches, testicle dangling, pinatas, more licor, 7 birthday cakes, rugrats, and lots of meat all in one place?

the MWC... official or non

Here's my 2 cents to any new members...

Stick around and listen, lurk if you want to, but consider this...

Although the Midwest Chapter is the newest chapter, it's also the home of some of NAXJA's oldest members and founders. So there will always be something going on or talked about that you may never know or understand because it happened eons ago. Do not feel "left out" by it, just make it a point to try to make it to an event where you can be a part of new "inside info".
There is a slew of real good guys (and pie bakers) in the MWC, that are more than willing to give tech and wheeling advice at the price of having a little fun at your expense. It's no different than any other organization (except Greenpeace or Jews for Jesus, maybe) where the FNG has to earn the right to step on toes.

Seriously, kick back, chill out and try to make the next "event"...
if ya don't have a thick skin or sense of humor, you'll have to attend a "scott-free" event

:twak:

lbexj said:
I agree Beezil, wholeheartedly. These people can be given the message without it being so cruel they don't want to return though.

It does not matter if some think this is the "norm" ... Judas Priest! ... You guys are very good at wit ... just try adding some tact to it with new people.

I understand when those people who want to post pictures of substandard modifications get bashed. NAXJA is a highly tech, and we want to keep these standards high. But NAXJA is supposed to be a "family oriented" club and the Midwest Chapter Forum is supposed to be for Chapter business ... not bashing perspective new members.

Les

(sniff)
All I wanted was to be your friend (sniff). What will I do now? How have I lived all these years without your approval and friendship?
My response was anything but whiny, but hey, its your story....tell it how you like.
Do whatever you have to to make you feel better about yourself.
I thought I explained my position rather well; You know, the whole part about not wanting to be in your personal stuff...was it not clear enough? I'm sorry I cant use crayons and draw you a picture on the board.
Get over it.
I wont beat this dead horse any more.

Fezman said:
I must admit, I am feeling just a bit left out. I have been a MWC member for a month or so now, and I have yet to have the "raisinette' experience

Beating the horse that you killed is not really a crime.
:bawl:

Last edited:
Gil BullyKatz said:
Here's my 2 cents to any new members...

Stick around and listen, lurk if you want to, but consider this...

Although the Midwest Chapter is the newest chapter, it's also the home of some of NAXJA's oldest members and founders. So there will always be something going on or talked about that you may never know or understand because it happened eons ago. Do not feel "left out" by it, just make it a point to try to make it to an event where you can be a part of new "inside info".
There is a slew of real good guys (and pie bakers) in the MWC, that are more than willing to give tech and wheeling advice at the price of having a little fun at your expense. It's no different than any other organization where the FNG has to earn the right to step on toes.

Seriously, kick back, chill out and try to make the next "event"...
if ya don't have a thick skin or sense of humor, you'll have to attend a "scott-free" event

:twak:

Good advice Gil ... seriously ... Maybe Rev can post a sticky note to this forum with some advice for them.

I normally just post my .02 and let threads go whereever they end up. But this forum is about the MWC and I was asked to participate in it's successful formation. My comments and interest are in doing just this ...

Les

Last edited:
That's the MWC in a Nutshell

66665889.jpg

Free.... for over 10 minutes

Back