• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radio problems

StuckXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I started my jeep today and noticed the radio was off. Turns out it wouldnt turn on either. The inside dome lights dont work either. I look in the owners manual and they run though the same fuse, along with the cigar lighter. This is were it gets weird... the cigar lighter works. Whats the deal. The fuse is fine. I dont even know what to look for first. THanks in advance for the help.
-Steve

Is this a stock radio...if it is,check the backside there should be a fuse in the back,not sure what the fuse is rated at...

Not to be a smart a**, but a wiring schematic would be your best friend right now. Id ask you for the info on your vehicle and then send it to you, but the diagrams havent arrived in the mail yet. Maybe your local library would have the most recent edition for your vehicle, I've done that before and been surprised. Good luck.

I put a pioneer cd player in it, would the fuse cause the lights to stop working too though. ive got a hanyes manual and i believe its got a wireing diagram. But incase ya care its a 92 4.0 four door laradeo. Thanks
-Steve

theres a fuse on the backside of the radio, also if you had the stereo installed at a stereo shop there is an inline fuse near the battery, thats the one that goes on me every couple weeks. it also could be a loose battery connection at the constant lead.

edit: just noticed you said the dome lights were out as well, in that case i'm not sure, it has to be a common wire/fuse with the radio so you'll have to get a multimeter and trace wires.

Back