• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio/power antenna wiring questions.

Pete.Z

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,new forum member here from Europe.
We just bought a 95 Cherokee,after years of driving a Nissan Patrol.

I'm trying to connect a JVC cd-player,replacing the old Blaupunkt cassette player.
The problem,I can't get the power antenna to work anymore.(worked nice with the Blaupunkt)
I think I might have blown a fuse somewhere,since the radio is playing ok,but the antenna won't move.Is there a fuse for the antenna?
One luck,the original Jeep harness and plug is still in there,so all I need is the original colors,I figure.
Anyone have a diagram or just the correct colors for it?

(When I installed the JVC,at first the antenna start moving when I connected the power,so without the radio playing or being "ON".
I'm sure I used the wrong wire then,but now that I have corrected that and got the radio to play,I can't get the antenna to move anymore.I have two wires that give power when I switch the ignition on,and one that went to the constant battery power)

There is a black wire for ground,but that isn't coming from the original plug,where the rest of my wires come from.There seems to be a ground wire in the plug too,but changing to that won't help.

Did I kill my antenna or am I doing something very stupid wrong?

I hope this makes a little bit sense,since English isn't my main language.....;)

Thanks.

Problem is solved,turned out the radio didn't had power on the antenna wire,I used the Amp.wire instead,everything works fine now. :)

Also found this diagram,which does show a power antenna wire:

http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/jeep/general-1988-95.html

green/red,and thats correct for my XJ.

And I'm pretty sure I will have more questions in the near future...this is my first Jeep (not my first American car,I owned a few before,I even used a 1982 Crossfire Corvette as daily driver,so I'm definitly not affraid.....;) ) and I'm sure I will find more unknown issues,unknown for me,that is.

Back