• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RAdesigns Baja Shifter installed

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I finally got my Baja Shifter installed. I had the smaller shifter from RAdesigns and it worked great but just a little to small for me. I wanted to figure out a way to mount it with the stock center console because its a pretty tall unit. So here is how i did it. This thing is bad arss, it shifts really solid and the shifts are instant.........so much fun to drive!!!!!!
I basically cut out a section of the side of the console the same width of the shifter. Slid the shifter into the cutout then bolted the shifter to the floor with two small "L" brackets from the hardware store. I found a piece of 18g flat steel in the garage put some holes in it, bent it, and bolted it to the shifter and the inside of the console. The on/off switch is for the torgue converter lock up.

CRAP sorry for the big pics I thought i resized them!!!!

014.jpg

017.jpg
013.jpg

Last edited:
i love my little switch i ran for the TC lockup . very nice to control it myself .

Nice work that looks super good!, I wish my heep was as cool as your Jeep!

Nice work that looks super good!, I wish my heep was as cool as your Jeep!

LOL thanks, but you have a much sexier front axle than mine.:) I need to go over the hill and do some reno wheelin with you guys.

LOL thanks, but you have a much sexier front axle than mine.:) I need to go over the hill and do some reno wheelin with you guys.

Man, It sounds like i add a boob job. Any time you want to come up just let me know & we will show you some cool trails :yelclap:

My birthday present from me to me just showed up this morning.

001.jpg

When I get these mounted up and all the bazillion bolts tightened up I ll take you up on that offer.

My birthday present from me to me just showed up this morning.

001.jpg

When I get these mounted up and all the bazillion bolts tightened up I ll take you up on that offer.

:worship: :worship: I love Walker Evens wheels! Happy Bday F**Ker..

...... :D

Donate your older, smaller baja shifter to me? (=

Back