• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racing seats, what do you like?

jeepxjga said:
hey dan, what is the www for those hunsaker seats? me being quite the skinny one i think those would fit just right :D

e-bay.

do a seach for 'seat, seats' in e-bay motors, these are new seats and they have auctions running all the time.

XJWheelie said:
What about Corbeau seats? Anybody try these?

I tried Carbeaus in an XJ that had a top and they were a PITA to get in and out of. With no top they wouldn't be a problem, but at that point buying a set of Rubicon's was way cheaper.

XJWheelie said:
What about Corbeau seats? Anybody try these?

I have the Baja SS http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/baja-ss.shtml in the CJ and it is a mighty comfy seat. If I weren't 5'7" and 150lbs though I'd imagine they might be quite a hassle to get in and out of. I have to say those PRP seats look pretty good for an XJ, especially since you can get a matching rear bench seat... if the ones in my XJ weren't in such good shape I'd be considering those.
Mike B.

1986xj said:
I have the Baja SS http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/baja-ss.shtml in the CJ and it is a mighty comfy seat. If I weren't 5'7" and 150lbs though I'd imagine they might be quite a hassle to get in and out of. I have to say those PRP seats look pretty good for an XJ, especially since you can get a matching rear bench seat... if the ones in my XJ weren't in such good shape I'd be considering those.
Mike B.

I've done away with the rear seat, as it takes up too much space. Instead I'm fabricating a less comfortable, but a seat that's much more compact when folded and affords me a good deal of storage underneath. The only time that I ever have anyone in the back seat is when their Jeep gets so stuck that they need a ride out. So far I've gone through an entire marriage and a divorce without using it, so I decided that it just wasn't that important.

As for size, I'm 5'4" tall and 135 pounds, so I'm looking at the Corbeau A4. It appears to have minimal support on the base, so it won't be hard to get in, yet good support on the back where I need it. Being a paraplegic I need the upper support so that I don't flop around as much, but it won't get in my way getting in since I put the seat all the way to the rear when I'm getting out or gettting in.

JeepFreak21 said:
I haven't sat in them yet, but the ones installed in the latest Peterson's (www.kartek.com) look perty schweet and we're too expensive.
Billy

Any idea on the price of those Kar Tek competiton seats?

Iw as thinking of getting some racing seats too. But I have a 2 door. Do they make brackets so you can slide the seat forward and shove passangers into the back?

just a quick update.

i ordered a set of the hunsaker seats last night, and if I like them i'll order another set for the rear. I'll let you all know it they're worth the money.

ltr

Back