• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Race Radio Location

dirty dog

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering where you guys are putting your race radios in a cherokee with stock dash and interior. Looking at some ideas to keep it out of the way and up front but doesn't seem like a lot of options. Any ideas or pictures of where you put it would help. Thanks in advance.

Ihave miine in the same place works bitchen. Your able too here it even if you you have the radio playing. I have the mount for my mike next too the radio. I think it would be better to have a second mount on the dash for when its in use. Just my thoughts

Where'd that mounting plate come from?
The mounting plate is a piece of 2-1/2" X 10-1/2" X 3/16" steel strap, a remnant from another project.
The plate is held in place by the sun visor clips. Radio mounts to the plate.

I am running a modded Yaesu 7900 with the removable face installed in the front center console angled to where I can see it. The unit is under my driver seat. I have an external speaker mounted under the dash and its also hooked in to my stereo so I can swap plugs and have it louder if I am outside the vehicle.

Back