• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

r12 to r134a with a Parallel Flow Condenser

I had that same problem with the old condenser it was corroded and wouldn't budge. The ackits 10.5”x27” is a good fit other than it’s not a drop in so some modifying has to be done. I was looking at those Jeep Air fittings also I think my valves are still a little leaky.

It’s that time of year again I decided to dig up the old thread and finish what I started.

Parts ordered:

Rockauto.com
Spectra Premium SD5-5U Compressor Reman with Clutch 0647480

Jeepair.com
Tube-O Suction & Discharge Fittings with R-134a Ports TO1610

I removed the old compressor drained as much oil as I could and measured it. The standard for a compressor replacement is oil drained plus 1oz. I removed about 1oz from the old compressor so I added 2oz to the suction side of the new one. After adding the oil I turned over the compressor 10 times to get everything lubricated. Next I Installed the new fittings pulled a vacuum and refilled as before. Everything is working great I ended up with the same results. The jeepair fittings are amazing I would recommend them to anyone doing an r134a conversion or upgrades and Rockauto has a good deal on the compressor right now 132.56 shipped.

1imgp1032.jpg

2imgp1037.jpg

I blocked the radiator too much with the condenser and had to upgrade the fans.
imgp0971e.jpg

Back