• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quotes (part II)

Mar

NAXJA Forum User
I enjoyed these last time around. Some new ones, maybe some repeats, anyways, I hope you find something you can relate to and get some giggles...

“Anything is possible if you do not know what you’re talking about.”

”Wisdom consists of knowing when to avoid perfection.”

“When a problem goes away, the people working to solve it do not.”

“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.”

“The solving of a problem lies in finding the solvers.”

“There is nothing so small that it can’t be blown out of proportion.”

“People ask for criticism, but they only want praise.”

“The person with the least expertise has the most opinions.”

“People enjoy things more when they know that other people were left out of the pleasure.”

“Men have become the tools of their tools.”

“Nothing will work that is put back together in the reverse of the way they were dismantled.”

“The only normal people are the ones you don’t know very well.”

“The trouble with doing something the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.”

“Being punctual means only that your mistake will be made on time.”

“The job that pays the most will be offered when there is no time to deliver the services.”

“If you distinguish between good advice and bad advice, you don’t need advice.”

“A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.”

“After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.”

“Always do something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.”

“Indecision is the basis for flexibility.”

“A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation.”

“If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.”

“When you make a right decision, your reasons are sure to be wrong.”

“The one who leaves money to charity in his will is only giving away what no longer belongs to him.”

“Statistics are like expert witnesses – they will testify for either side.”

“Nothing is as good as it seemed beforehand.”

“No man knows what true happiness is until he gets married. By then, of course, it’s too late.”

“It’s better to have a horrible ending than to have horrors without end.”

“There is more to life than increasing its speed.”

“Friends come and go but enemies accumulate.”

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”

“Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.”

“If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy man – he will find an easier way to do it.”

“A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.”

“Insanity is doing the same things the same way and expecting different results.”

“Honesty ruined more marriages than infidelity.”

“To generalize is to be an idiot.”

“Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”

"Kids in the dark cause accidents. Accidents in the dark cause kids."

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who makes a move, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous." -Robert Mayne SAS

"Only hits count, you can never miss fast enough to catch up."

"I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it."

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

always remember and never forget, no matter where you're at, there you are

"If you can't laugh about it, blow it up!"

"There is no problem in life so large that C4 can't fix it."

"If you show up for a fair fight, you are not prepared."

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you XXXX with me, I’ll kill you all. " General James Mattis

Go ahead, I don't shop here

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

One of my all time favorites :worship:

"Beneath this mask is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof"

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

For golfers (if we have any):

“Golf is a hard game to figure. One day you slice it, shank it, hit it into all traps and miss every green. And then the next day, you go out and for no reason at all you really stink.” -Bob Hope.

"I wish my name was Tom Kite" - Mark Calcavecchia on signing autographs.

When your shot has to carry over a water hazard, you can either hit one more club or two more balls.

The follow-through is that part of golf swing that takes place after the ball has been struck but before the club has been thrown.

Gimme: an agreement between two losers who can't putt.

The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf.

“Man, that putt looked good right up until you hit it.”

One of my all time favorites :worship:

"Beneath this mask is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof"

Agreed....

Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort. - Robert A. Heinlein

Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life. Both life and death are part of the same Great Adventure. - Theodore Roosevelt

This is the law:
The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sward is more important then the shield,
and skill is more important then either.
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

"Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debased degradation, the we Americans cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?" - Patrick Henry, in 1788

"yea i take vitamins, its called a steak"

[SIZE=+2]USMC Rules for Gunfighting[/SIZE]
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Your life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a ".4"
[SIZE=+2]Navy Rules to Gunfighting[/SIZE]
1. Go to Sea
2. Send the Marines
3. Drink Coffee

Back