• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Reiter run Thursday after work/school...

Sorry fellas, I'm out. Forgot I have a dentist appt at noon, and a family portrait at 6. While that does leave a possible window for a short Reiter run, any complications or delays on the trail would cause me to miss the portrait, and that's not an option.

I'll have to catch you next time.

Doug

Bummer Doug...we'll see ya some other time I suppose!

~Scott

Alright I'm heading out now...It looks like it'll be Keil, Lyle, and I...I'll stick around till 3:30 guarenteed, possibly 4.

white xj is mine, red is my buddys.

~Scott

A couple pics...

3083254609_53af97bd74_o.jpg

3084093546_81c8755364_o.jpg

3083256245_10de37f109_o.jpg

3084094838_1a9cac0774_o.jpg

Not the best pics in the world....as I was kinda rushing, but pics none the less. It was a good night. We ran sac up pretty fast. Right at the beginning I managed to catch my axle on a rock and slide right to the edge of a clif...I desided to sit and wait for someone to tell me what to do, but got out fine. Lyle had a little trouble on the same spot I got stuck on the last 2 times (toward the end) and I went around it. Keil had no problems that I know of on the trail, hah. Then Keil led us to the wall trail were we mobbed it up the gravel roads to the trail, then I was stupid enough to follow him...and quickly realized I was going down the section of trail I could not go on (too high of water) so I tried to take a detour and managed to stick my axle right over a couple downed trees I didnt see. Lyle tried to tug me from several positions for a good 30min while Keil went off the the look out. Then Keil came back and winched me out, snapped the tree under me, and we turned around and left down the powerlines. After that on one of the major flex spots on upper power lines I managed to loose Lyle, as he was having trouble with too much flex and his T-case grinding on him...I ran back and we got him rolling out in no time. From then we just headed back down and desided to leave around 7pm.

~Scott

Last edited:
A couple pics...

3083254609_53af97bd74_o.jpg

3084093546_81c8755364_o.jpg

3083256245_10de37f109_o.jpg

3084094838_1a9cac0774_o.jpg

Not the best pics in the world....as I was kinda rushing, but pics none the less. It was a good night. We ran sac up pretty fast. Right at the beginning I managed to catch my axle on a rock and slide right to the edge of a clif...I desided to sit and wait for someone to tell me what to do, but got out fine. Lyle had a little trouble on the same spot I got stuck on the last 2 times (toward the end) and I went around it. Then Keil led us to the wall trail were we mobbed it up the gravel roads to the trail, then I was stupid enough to follow him...and quickly realized I was going down the section of trail I could not go on (too high of water) so I tried to take a detour and managed to stick my axle right over a couple downed trees I didnt see. Lyle tried to tug me from several positions for a good 30min while Keil went off the the look out. Then Keil came back and winched me out, snapped the tree under me, and we turned around and left down the powerlines. After that on one of the major flex spots on upper power lines I managed to loose Lyle, as he was having trouble with too much flex and his T-case grinding on him...I ran back and we got him rolling out in no time. From then we just headed back down and desided to leave around 7pm.

~Scott

Hahahahaha.

We hardly ran sacup fast....:peace: but it was fun.

As for the wall trail.....where the hell did u guys go? I was mobbin through that trail and lost you dudes...then i get a call from Lyle, "Dude Scott went the wrong way and got stuck..." I was like ah shit here we go. Recovery in the water and flodded jeep....Drove back and watched Lyle try to pull him out. no go. so I winched him out... went back down the powerlines and let the girls drive cause i was hungry and wanted to eat my food I brought:D:D:D

No breaks, rock lights are strait up crazy good. Loove them. Got to use the winch for the first time! It was a good little jaunt to reiter today...

let me lead next time on sacup Scott and we will run it fast....:wave1:

Keil

Haha no man...that was a way faster run then last time...we didn't stop like 4 times on this run to watch people try things they can't do...haha. I'd be glad to go faster though!

Yeah I tried going the "easy" looking way around the water and noticed I was way to off camber into a tree and was going to rip sh!t...so I tried another way...but didn't see the trees downed. It's sad we didn't get to go to the wall though! It would have been sick. Good run though, definately want to do another night run one of these days. Good thing I put that engine skid on though! I got a good hit on that. My axle tube on the d30 was scratched pretty good too.

~Scott

P.S. Keil, my passenger kept thinking another car was coming because of your rock lights...hah. Are they mounted on top of the cross member?

Twas a good night for sure. Too bad you didnt get a pic when my back tire was up on the rock...but then again I was the one who jolted forward :D. Didnt manage to get to the wall view point again, but I fully intend on doing so next time Im up there. Too bad you couldnt join us Doug, but its definately in your best interest to stick with the fam plan. Hope to see you out wheeling sometime soon.

-Lyle

P.S. Big props to Keil for having to deal with me and Scott out on the trail.

Sounds like you boys had fun, sorry I missed it. I'll be hitting the trail sometime in the next few weeks, just have to find a day when family obligations or work don't interfere, story of my life...

P.S. Big props to Keil for having to deal with me and Scott out on the trail.

:confused1Nah it was not a big deal...I had a good time. besides, why do you think i brought two girls with me?:rof:

As for the rock lights, the back ones are mounted to my t case skid. behing the cross member.

Keil

You bringing your sister?

That's a great way to get Doug and Myself to show up.;)

-Alex

She's actually in Afganistan now...so unless you want to fly down there, you won't be seeing her.

~Scott

You bringing your sister?

That's a great way to get Doug and Myself to show up.;)

-Alex

WTF are you talking about, you insignificant little turd? In case you haven't been paying attention, I'm a happily married man.;)

which has more rocks? TSF or Reiter? And i mean BIG rocks.

which has more rocks? TSF or Reiter? And i mean BIG rocks.

Have you been to the Crushers? I have not, but the pics I've seen show plenty of big rocks. I have wheeled most of Reiter, and most of the rock up there is embedded in the trails. There is a "rock garden" area, but it ain't like one of the sluices on the Rubicon. There is plenty of medium/large rock on some trails in Reiter, and it's almost always accompanied by snotty mud.

Who's run both TSF and Reiter? Thoughts?

Okay, that was the impression I'd gotten over the years. Thanks, Matt.

Back