• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question: axle seals

alex22

NAXJA Forum User
I see on 4x4 groupbuy's site they have the superior and alloy axle seals listed as 1997 to present, will not fit Vac disco axles. What change was made to the axle tube in 97? or will these fit in a 91 D30?

~Alex

As far as I know, they will work any Dana 30 that does not have the two piece disconnect axle shaft on the passanger side.

I have an older model D30 with the disco shafts replaced with a single piece shaft and the seals fit just fine.

Last edited:
If you've ever seen the outermost inner shaft on the pass side of a disco D30 (don't know how to else to say that lol) you'll see why it's unusuable. The shaft diameter tapers up to a coarse spline where it meets the disconnect collar, so you can't stick the shaft through the seal.

doesn't one of the site sponsors have these up for a lot less than that in the venders forum? Shit your name is in red, might as well take advantage right?

I have an '01 with a disco 30 with those axle seals installed and the one piece shafts. The only reason that the seals won't work with the disco 30 is the outer shaft on the passenger side is larger than the nondisco shaft. Mine work just fine with the nondisco shafts.

Now that you mention it I have a Disco shaft laying around and now I see why it won't fit in there. The axle I have is a Non-disco.
4x4 has those for $4 more than JustDifferentials, but since I'm buying alloy shafts, diff cover and some other stuff, bundling the shipping will make it cheaper.
Thanks for the info though.

~Alex

Back