• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question about stock spring perch holes.

I only measured to ensure I had the springs in the right way. I will measure again against my old stock springs and call rough country to discuess.
I am not going to be happy about swapping in new springs. Between the lift, SYE and brake lines I am kind of sick of wrenching at this point.

I only measured to ensure I had the springs in the right way. I will measure again against my old stock springs and call rough country to discuess.
I am not going to be happy about swapping in new springs. Between the lift, SYE and brake lines I am kind of sick of wrenching at this point.

sucks to redo something, but if you have to do it again, at least all the bolts should come out easily this time(did you use antiseize) and its always faster the second time around.

Well I took the weight off the suspension and held the old spring back right up to the new ones and matched the arch and everything. The rough country center pin is about 2/3 of an inch further than stock one. Not much but my rear axle must not have been centered to begin with since I have only 3/4 of an inch clearance at the rear and over 3 inches at the front measuring from the tire to the lowest point of the wheel arch. I will talk to Jason tommorow at RoughCountry. Although I am not even sure i want to go the hassle of replacing the springs. I am installing 2" lift shackles which should help a bit and I will bumpstop and trim if need be.
I am shopping for a 4.10 8.8 and can correct this then.

Are you talking about your spring plates having 3 different holes for the centering pin to sit in?

Sounds like ubolt eliminator plates to me! Although they should also have 4 other holes on the exterior of the plates for the use of bolts instead of ubolts....hence the name ubolt eliminators!

The stock spring plates have 2 square holes with one round hole in the center, just to clarify. I do not think shackles will pull your axle that far forward and if you are running a slip yoke drive shaft you will have vibs, now if you switch to a SYE and CV shaft you should be close.

Well I got the new shackles in, 2 inches of lift has given me lots of clearance now.
I also put a SYE and CV driveshaft in so I need to address my pinion angle.
To kill 2 birds with one stone and since I have a YJ brake hose to swap in I am just going to pull the rear axle put on new spring perches to set the pinion angle and move the axle forward. Then I can just redrill the stock spring plate to match.
My daily driver is turning into a NEVER ENDING project and my wife is starting to notice all the empty boxes from this stuff....

Did you speak to Jason at Rough Country about your rear tires not being centered in the wheel well? Your tire should have been centered in the wheel well. You should have really figured out why it wasn't before throwing more parts at it. To really fix this problem, you need to re-drill the leaf springs to move the center pin. Thats not an easy task given that the leaf springs are hardened spring steel, not easy to drill at all.

Not to mention, there is NO REASON AT ALL that you should be re-drilling /needing to modify further a brand new lift kit. Call Rough Country/ send them pics, there is a problem somewhere with those rear springs.

I know you said that they are installed correctly, but they really look like they are on backwards. They should be big leaf eye in the front, small leaf eye in the rear.

Back