• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions on a 4.6 stroker

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so im looking at getting a used stroker from a guy. It was built back in 2002. And now has roughly 80,000 on it. Which isent bad I dont think. I was built by a shop so it was done right. Runs great. going to do a compression test test on it to see how it is.

My question is, he used a Renix block and head. Will I have any problems with dropping it into my 98? It should just bolt right up to my AW4 and be good. Wiring harness and all should just plug and go yes? Or am I wrong here? Let me know if im missing anything or f it wont just drop right in.

You should put a HO head on top of that stroker, a HO manifold does not fit perfectly to a renix head. Make sure you swap over the injectors from the old stroker manifold, they might be larger

if its a short rod stroker then it will probably have a little piston slap knock. Will eat a bit of oil as well. Short rod recipe was not perfect. It would pull the jug out of cylinder just a pit more than it should and waddles it out a bit at full stroke. Reports are it is livable but for how long I don't know.
If you have any sort of smog check in your area they may flip out with older engine in later model body.
x2 on HO head and intake. You need the sensors on your existing intake. TPS, injector electric rail and such.

Back