• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about wiring aftermarket fog lights and rocker switch

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
so i have a 95 XJ that didnt come with factory fog lights so I am installing two cheap for lights on.

Ive bought some 16ga wire, relay and illuminated rocker switch. I know i still need to get a fuse holder to go between the relay and battery

my question is with the rocker switch installation, it is 3 prong, ground, power and acc

im not sure what the acc means.

I know i have one wire grounded, one wire going to relay and then one wire going to battery??

what does the ACC stand for? is that the prong I want a wire running from the relay to?

Ive noticed on my fuse box in the inside the truck there seems to be lots of empty slots, can I wire it to the fuse box istead of all the way to the battery?

ground is ground. power is the 12volt feed (battery) acc is the wire going to the relay to give the relay signal to turn on.you maybe able to go into you fuse box . i know guys have done it no problem. but sometimes with after market stuff its easier to use the inline fuse holder.i would run at least 14 gauge wire from the battery to the relay and to the fog light.that's your load circuit. use the 16 gauge from the from the power source to the switch,from the switch to the relay and also ground.

Back