• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about lifts?

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 xj im lifting. I have a used 6in Rustys lift kit and I also have this other lift that is a 8in long arm lift.

the leafs from the 8 in lift dont look as good as the ones from the 6in, can i use blocks or something to make them 8in?

Shackles or bastard packs maybe?

~Scott

bastard pack is taking leaves from another vehicle and bastardizing your stock pack by adding in the other (heavier rate) leaf springs from an S10, or dakota...something along those lines. Usually a mix of your stock XJ leaves and s10 leaves get you up to 4-5 inches....I agree 8" is a LOT of lift. 6 is more than enough IMO. You could easily get that with bastard packs and shackles if you wanted...

I also agree, 8" is a lot! If I had those choices, I'd use the 6" springs (front and rear), and the long arms from the 8" kit (depending on what they are???).

Back