• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about LCA's....

PainInTheA$$89

NAXJA Forum User
Im lookin to smooth out the ride abit... im sitting at 5-5.5" of lift with RE LCA's, the ride was GREAT @ 3.5" obviously because the arms were at less of an angle... does anybody know if switching to 'curved' LCA's (like the Rough Country or Rusty's) would help me any? or are the drop brackets my only option??..... id like to go to long arms, but unfortunately right now thats out of the question.......

Last edited:
thats just for looks/ tire/ rocks. the line of travel is still the same.
how long are yours? drop brackets are nice i loved mine

Yep. Drop brackets are the (cheapest) way to go.. FWIW i picked up my RC drop brackets for an incredible deal through Jason @ Rough country.

It pays to be a member!

thats just for looks/ tire/ rocks. the line of travel is still the same.
how long are yours? drop brackets are nice i loved mine

I believe the RE LCA's measure 16"... according to the chart, they should be 1/2"-5/8" longer for the amount of lift that im sitting at

Last edited:
Yep. Drop brackets are the (cheapest) way to go.. FWIW i picked up my RC drop brackets for an incredible deal through Jason @ Rough country.

It pays to be a member!

Is Jason a NAXJA member??..... just curoius of how to get ahold of him

Last edited:
I've got drop brackets. If you get some Just make sure you get the supports that are made to accompany them. The po of my rig didn't do that and now I'm having to repair them as needed. Drop brackets are great

LCA's with bends will offer no difference, don't know if anyone answered that. The mount point to mount point angle is what matters. Bends in between won't help, those are usually for shock tower clearance.

I am having the exact same problem and I went to the boneyard and picked up a fist full of shim and I am shiming out the factory saddle bracket that the L C sits in 30 min wondering around the bone yard to pick up the funny shims they are about 2 inch by 1 1/2 with 2 slots in them and no DEATH WOBBLE YAY !!! try it if you can was the cheapest way for me .

LCA's with bends will offer no difference, don't know if anyone answered that. The mount point to mount point angle is what matters. Bends in between won't help, those are usually for shock tower clearance.
Indeed, and i must add, they normally do a good job at adding extra downtravel before contacting the shock tower platform..

Long arms x 1 million, its true.

My only problem with the drop brackets is the alignment issues. I followed the instructions given by RC and my XJ was un-alienable. With the stock lowers adjusted all the way forward my caster was only like 0deg. With the lowers from my kit and adjusted all the way forward I still only get 4.5deg.

Dave

Back