• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about hoods

XJ Samo said:
While we are on the subject, what do you guys think about removing the under hood liner? Pros- possably run cooler, cons- paint damage due to heat from engine?
My '89 has no hood liner. The paint on the hood is completely fried and the first nice day we get I'm gonna spray it with some high-temp gloss black so it does not look so ghetto. I have to run my heater on low at all times or the beast runs near the red. The heater running keeps it where it should be even on hot days. The obvious downside is that it sucks to drive a black XJ in the hot sun with the heater on!

Anyway my point is that removing the hood liner did not seem to make any difference in the heat under the hood on my Jeep, but it sure cooked the paint. :nono:

Edit: It was the P.O. that took the hood liner out. He said he was trying to keep the over-heating down to a minimum.

Back