• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec...

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Way to go guys, this 55 pound battery was shipped in a single wall box with almost no packing material. The box barely made the trip, beyond that there is a deep cut on the top of the battery. There is no visible damage to the box in this area and the package has not been re-taped, so it was likely shipped this way. Almost looks like it caught the end of a cutoff wheel. Let's see how CS handles this.

i.php

20151202193737-3193ed2d-xl.jpg

20151202193741-b46bfdac-xl.jpg

Hey, very sorry to see this. Please PM me your order number. I'll have this picked up and a new one shipped out. I'll also notify the Warehouse Manager.

Thanks and have a great night!

-Rick @ Quadratec

Wow! I didn't realize we had a Quadratec representative on here. Very cool.

I hope this gets handled as easy as it now looks. :clap:

Wow! I didn't realize we had a Quadratec representative on here. Very cool.

Yes, sir! 10 years on NAXJA & 11 years at Quadratec lol :)

-Rick

Yeah I bet that cut gouge came from someone cutting the straps on the palate the batteries came on. Someone had to notice that and decided to not say anything.

The lack of common sense when packing heavy items astounds me sometimes. We get our dog food shipped, 2 40lb bags at a time. Same thing, great big, single wall box. Just trying to lift/move it causes the box to bend, fold and rip. I've had the box set on the porch with a gaping hole and food kibbles falling out. We get bags of kitty litter shipped like this too. Had to get a broom out a few times to sweep off the porch.

But yet when my wife orders a tube of mascara, it's little box is put into a 15x12x12 box filled with those big plastic air pillows when they could have just dropped it into a bubble pack envelope.

:rolleyes:

Response to my CS inquiry was pretty quick and they seem willing to make it right. Problem I have now is they are out of stock, 7-10 days for them to get one in stock and then another week roughly for the ground shipment. The Jeep is down right now without this and I simply cannot wait that long. Hoping they will not hassle me for a refund.

I'm contacting NorthStar tomorrow for you. If they have inventory I can get one going for you direct from them. Otherwise I can pick up and refund no problem.

I'll PM you tomorrow with an update.

-Rick @ Quadratec

I'm contacting NorthStar tomorrow for you. If they have inventory I can get one going for you direct from them. Otherwise I can pick up and refund no problem.

I'll PM you tomorrow with an update.

-Rick @ Quadratec

I want to say, seeing the relation here on and what looks like will be great CS has me inclined to make some of my purchases from you. Very cool to see when CS seems to be an after after thought anymore. :thumbup:

I have never seen in-forum customer service like this except from small local vendors -- pretty damn cool. If only I owned a jeep...

PM sent again, Kittrell.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! We're not an official forum sponsor anymore, but I absolutely enjoy helping if something like this happens. Even though we're a "big name" we only have around 100 employees, based in PA with a warehouse in Sparks, NV as well. Most of us either currently drive a Jeep or have had a Jeep(s) in the past. I'm on Jeep #9 personally and as you can see I've been on NAXJA for way too long ;)

Thanks & have a great weekend, all!

-Rick

The cut is almost 1/2" deep. I cannot see into it well enough to tell if it pierced the case. Beyond that I do not think I can use the battery for 2 weeks and then return it as damaged. Definitely a shame on the wait, I really liked the CCA of the NorthStar. Probably going to have to pickup a common brand, 94r AGMs are hard to find locally unless you want a Duralast. I would love the DieHard Platinum, but they do not make it in this size.

Last edited:
Most of the Autocraft batteries are made by Johnson Control.
And at least here on the West coast, the "Autocraft"/Carquest batteries (CQ owned by AAP, if you did not already know), the AGM batteries are still made by East Penn. THe rest are JC.

Back