• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting the new axels in this weekend

I just had the strangest thing happen today. I went to the PnP in Antelope and the guy told me that they did not have any Cherokee's. I questioned him and he looked at the computer again and said that there was only one and it was at the Stockton Rd location. Strange. He said I could look from home that they are up on the web within two day of arrival.

Took a look when I got home and there are 7 XJ there and in Rocklin.

Off to Rocklin this Saturday.

Off to PnP tomorrow, leaving at 6:30am so I will be there when they open at 8. Got the row and year of all the XJ's there so I don't get confused.

When you go, can you do me a favor and check out the white 91 on row 35 and tell me if the 3 piece grill is in good condition. it's a limited and I'd like to swap out the plastics into my grill.

When you go, can you do me a favor and check out the white 91 on row 35 and tell me if the 3 piece grill is in good condition. it's a limited and I'd like to swap out the plastics into my grill.

Happy to. I'll PM you when I get back. NAXJA There is a 91 in row 42 also. you want me to look at that one too???

That one is in the Sacramento yard and is a red larado. Reason I want this one on row 35 is that it Is the white grill with black slats.

Saw tht you are looking for drive shafts, if you come across any manuals with a decent front shaft can you lmk. Right now I don't have a front shaft in my stock rig and I've heard the auto shafts are too long.

Last edited:
That one is in the Sacramento yard and is a red larado. Reason I want this one on row 35 is that it Is the white grill with black slats.

Saw tht you are looking for drive shafts, if you come across any manuals with a decent front shaft can you lmk. Right now I don't have a front shaft in my stock rig and I've heard the auto shafts are too long.

Will do :greensmok

Picked up two front drive shafts from the two 91's that were there. Now to paint then put one in and wrap that other for a trail spare.

Now I need a free weekend to go wheeling. But first there is still some vibration coming from the DS between 70 and 85 MPH. I need a angle measuring device me thinks.

Worst case drive 65mph

Worst case drive 65mph

Drive 65mph?? :)

Yeah, well, that is what the speedo says. I should get a picture of it.

31" tiers with 4.88 gears and at 60mph, on the speedo, it says 85mph is my guess but I don't really know. :kissyou:

Let me say that again. when it says 85mph on the speedo I think I am only going about 65mph. Rockclimber said that the DS is still spinning like the Jeep is going 85 though which makes sense.

Put the new DS's that I got yesterday at PnP and took it for a test drive. Didn't feel any vibrations. I guess my hwy speeds will be a little less now to keep the wear down on everything but other than that I am ready to rock crawl.

Now to free up some time. :angel:

So this ends this thread.....Mischief Managed. :jester:

Good to know Josh. I was thinking of just putting in a new speedo gear sized for 33" tires and doing a little math, well I would cheat and use my GPS I not that smart, run it that way.

Back