• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting a 91 AW4/NP231 into my 90-I've got questions

Check your vac line to the MAP sensor. Maybe it pulled out when the back of the engine lowered (???)

Jeff

John B said:
As mentioned in your other thread it sure sounds like a timing issue, but i'm suspect of the CPS still.

Was the CPS installed to the bellhousing before or after mating the trans to block? Could it have been damaged during install?
I'm thinking it has to do with the CPS. I had it out of the bellhousing until the very end so I don't think it could've gotten damaged but it was sitting on my garage floor for 5 days. I'm going to try my spare CPS today and see if that makes any difference, I'll report back.
Jeff in VA said:
Check your vac line to the MAP sensor. Maybe it pulled out when the back of the engine lowered (???)

Jeff
Checked that guy too, it's still tight. That was actually my first suspect, but it lopes a lot more when it's undone.

Back