• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Put nitrous to my stroker.

nekocopter

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I have a Sneaky Pete universal dry kit that i've had hooked up on my Banshee for a while, and I hooked it up to my stroker today.. Wasn't quite what I expected, but it definately gave a little boost in power.. Just have a 30 horse jet in it... Put it to the floor at about 3,000rpms and hit the button, it broke the tires loose at 40, which I haven't really been able to do before unless it was wet...

Anyone else tried nitrous to a 4.0? or Stroked 4.0? The motor seemed to love it, and didn't have any detonation issues, although I did ajust the FPR a little bit.

That'd be a kick in the pants, I know the motor is strong, as it only has about 9500 miles on it.. I'm probably gonna switch the Pete back to my Banshee when I redo the motor in it and go with at least a 100 shot of juice...

This is just my "street" Jeep, but it does see some mild mudding, and some rocks... It's fun going out and spanking on all the Rice boys, and i've beat my buddys 5.0 mustang.. But i'd like to be a little bit quicker than I am right now.

I'm just debating on what the best setup would be for it, I think a bigger set of injectors than what I have now would be a good idea, i'm running a 23lb/hr right now, so maybe a 26 would be sufficient with a 100 shot... I do have an adjustable FPR, so that gives me a few options in the fuel department...

We do have a self proclaimed "Nitrous expert" here in town, so I might go see what he has to say about it, but he's working on drag cars mostly.

Hmmm. If you can upsize the injectors but not have the XJ idle rich, then it's a good move. Also make sure you have excellent fuel pressure, and run better gas then 87.

If it were me, I'd run 93, a 75 shot, and bigger injectors.

I don't have nitrous on my 95XJ, but I had it at one time on my 98 Formula (www.psj.ls1tech.com), and we had a custom 2 stage on my buddy's 98 Camaro and it went 10.8 in 1999.

Good Fuel Pressure Regulator and Gauge, Air Fuel Ratio Meter, a good TPS, Larger Injectors and the ZEX Dry System is a good way to go.........my .02

Ran that system on a ricer and 5.0 stang and had very good results..

You'd better upgrade the fuel pump if you're gonna add a bigger nitrous shot to a stroker, otherwise you'll risk the engine running lean and melting the pistons.

im building a 4.5 stroker and im putting ford 24lb injectors in it, the only thing i could say to feel more is to use it at lower speeds. what size stroker did you build and is it worth building one?
-Keep Jeepin

you should up the jets....i started out mine with a 40 shot for the first week and wasnt impressed at all...

Back