• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Put in Lebaron hood vents!! What about the rain?

jeeper821 said:
i have a rock-it airtube, so i had to cover that, but the driver side vent is right over the tps, a month or two after i put the vents in, the tps went, i don't know if was from getting wet or not, the new one has been fine for a few months.
intake.jpg

frontwithvents.jpg

My TPS went tonight, as you all know, we have had about a week of really reallly bad rain in So Cal. Anyways, my TPS went out, replaced, evrything is back to normal. FOr now, cut up some clear plastic floor mats in the shapes of the vents and tie wrapped them to cover the vents. No worries now...when it stops raining, will take them back off.

Has anybody tried something like a magnetic sign.... I'm sure you could have some covers cut and the same color for not much... then just stick em on...

I tried making covers out of plexiglass and a strip of magnetic tape around the edges. It was a lot of work, didn't look very good, and is a hassle to take on and off and/or store in the jeep. I scrapped that idea and went with the drip pans instead.

Back